Chapter 3

As I realized I just punched a guy who's taller and stronger than me, I start to get nervous and prepare for a fight. Zayn just spits out blood and walks away.

- Damn, that was badass. - Louis gets to me and immediately grabbs my fists to see the damage. - Where did you learn how to punch like that?

- I trained sanda for a year. - I stuttered trying not to think about his hands in mine.

- What's that? - He asked and looked me in the eyes.

- Chinese boxe. - I tried to take my hands off of his but he grabbed it back and looked at the bruises forming.

- That's one hell of a jab you got there. - He smiles and let my hands go.

- Girl, you just did what I've wanted to do my whole life. - Olivia stops by my side and passes her arm around my shoulder, that seems to be the way around here.

- Thanks, I guess? - I Smile remembering my punch.

- Hell yeah, let's fight sexism. - She raises her hand for a high five and I do it. I see Niall sitting by himself on the tree trunk and I walk towards him.

- Hi. - I say as I sit by his side.

- Hello. - He smiles.

- What is a fine gentleman like you sitting here alone? - I joke.

- I don't know, sometimes it is cool to just sit here looking at the fire and hearing the ocean. - He gets lost in his thoughts for a moment and I join him. After awhile he starts laughing.

- What?

- I can't believe you punched Zayn.

- Why is everyone talking about that? - I feel my cheeks burning.

- Because everyone wanted to do it but no one had the guts to. He's our friend but he can be a real jerk sometimes. - He laughs but there's no emotion behind it.

- Niall, can I ask you something? - I look at my hands.

- Of course.

- Why does everyone keep associating me with Louis? - I look at him trying to sound casual.

- I think he likes you, everyone does but he didn't say anything. Why? - His face shows curiosity.

- I just thought it was a little weird. - I'm sure my cheeks are super red. - I mean... Who would like me? - I decide Niall and I are close enough to show a bit of my insecurities.

- Don't ever say that, you are stunning. - He hugs me and I got the same feeling as if I were hugging my father or brother.

- Thanks. - I smile.

The rest of the night goes smoothly and Niall takes me back home. I take Sunday to rest as I'm still exhausted from all the craziness in my life lately. On Monday on the second I wake up I realize I'm thinking and moving really fast. I try to meditate a little to get to a normal energy level and finish getting ready for class. The international law class was really tiring and Niall wasn't there which made me sad. After class I went to the cafeteria to grab a tea and as I walked in line I saw a tattooed wrist paying for his coffee. "Please don't see me, please don't see me..." I'm thinking as he turns and looks directly at me.

- Hi! - He screams even though he's two meters away from me.

- Hi Louis. - I smile and he makes a weird face. - What? - He comes and waits in line with me.

- I like it better when you call me Lou. - He winks and I'm sure my cheeks are the same color as his red shirt.

- I like your shirt. - I try to take the attention away from me.

- Thanks, red is my favorite color.

- Really?

- Yeah, why? - He seems curious.

- It's mine too. - I smile. - It's so beautiful. It's also my favorite because it's my football team's color.

- Really? Same here. - He looks into my eyes and I feel uncomfortable.

- That's so weird. - I turn to the cashier and order my lady grey tea.

- Or it's meant to be. - He says it really quietly and I almost didn't get it. - Why are you drinking tea? Aren't you new worlders supposed to love coffee?

- New worlders? - I laugh.

- Yeah, people from the new world?

- Oh, ok colonizer. - He gasps and looks super offended but almost instantly starts laughing.

- Anyway, I can't drink coffee but it doesn't matter because I don't like it anyways. - I shurg.

- Why can't you drink it? - We started walking towards the classroom building.

- Because I have stomach problems.

- And why is that?

- I don't know, I guess I'm too short tempered. - I laugh remembering my punch. He realizes it and laughs with me. 

- Well, after that you're our queen, we worship you. - He gives me a little bump with his shoulder and I feel a shiver through my spine.

- Isn't that a weird thing to say? Like, you have an actual queen.

- Maybe. - He laughs. We walk in silence and he takes me to my class. As I'm about to get in he gently grabs my wrist.

- Ember? - He lets my wrist go and nervously changes his weight from one leg to another.

- Yes. - I answer distracted.

- Would you like to go out with me?

- What? - My voice gets very high pitched and I'm sure I'm all red, not just my cheeks.

- Do you want... - He seems so nervous I can't make him say it again.

- Sure. - I smile.

- Really? - Hi smiles wide, the sides of his eyes crinkled a bit and I lost my breath.

- Yeah. - I smile back and enter my class.