042

Yeosang and Chaerin ran through the hallways, the only sound being their footsteps and breathing as they ran

They were absolutely sure that this was the only way, but despite the resolution on the solution, they were afraid.

They were afraid of what the country would see themselves as, see them as, how the country would resurface. They were afraid that after the loss, would it be enough?

How would they rebuild from this?

They couldn't go on with the same system they had, yet they didn't have a system to fall upon.

The couple ran into the grand foyer, the sparkly of guards being completely ominous and eerie.

"Where are they," Yeosang whispered as Chaerin's hand wondered to his.

"I don't know," she said back, the two walking into the middle of the room.

"What do we do now?"

"I guess we wait."

Yeosang glanced down at her, Chaerin's uncommon sense of being unsure coming through for one of the first times he'd known her.

"Ok, we wait then."

A minute passed before the alarms started, meaning Mingi had already gotten into the system.

Footsteps was heard from the other exit of the great foyer, Chaerin giving Yeosang's hand a squeeze before letting go to grab her gun, him doing the same.

"3"

Yeosang rested his finger on the trigger, ready to shoot.

"2"

They needed to get through that hallway, but they also needed to protect the rest of the team that worked behind them.

"1"

Chaerin started shooting the guards in the chinks of their bullet proof gear, right where Yeosang has described to them.

There were so many.

It reminded her of the day she had accidentally shot Yeosang. The same room, just different circumstances. Now she was the one defending it, but technically so were they.

Yeosang and Chaerin started backing up, despite he guards that were falling (which was a lot for just two people) they were still about to be overwhelmed.

"Chae," Yeosang called, "I don't have much amo left!"

"Same here," she yelled back, her shots beginning to become more strategized.

And finally they both lost ammunition, resorting to the blades they had, or the extra pistols they had.

Charging forward, they attempted to push their way past the guards, their masks protecting them from recognition.

But what if Yeosang was able to somehow convince the guards to go to their side, and stop?

He knew it was silly, but he technically was in charge. Yet he had never fully taken up the leadership role he had been given.

If he was to finally uphold his responsibilities, now would be the time.

He stood back, Chaerin beginning to fight on her own, trying to ignore Yeosang's lack of presence.

"What are you-"

"STOP!"

Chaerin stabbed a guard as silence fell among the room.

She turned around, a mistake as she was immediately taken, a knife pressed against her throat as he mask was discarded.

There was Yeosang, in all black, his mask hanging by one ear. He still had the hat on, but it was still obvious of who it was.

"I am your president," he said, "and I command you to back off."

The guards rustled, uneasiness and distrust flowing through them. Meanwhile Chaerin did her best to calm her beating heart, the knife pressed against her throat not serving her any benefits.

She met Yeosang's eyes, fear in hers.

'Are you crazy,' she mouthed, Yeosang shrugging in slight agreement.

'Probably.'

"Prove it," a voice from the sea of black said.

Yeosang sighed and yanked down his collar, his mark proudly showing, despite being a mere tattoo.

§:§

A ripple of surprise passed through the guard, men falling down to their knees as their confusion multiplied.

"What are you doing President?"

Chaerin was tossed forward, a small line of blood coming from her neck as she pressed her fingers to it.

"Ending this empire."

And with that he stepped forward and yanked a grenade from Chaerin's belt loop and tossed it into the sea of guards. He grabbed Chaerin and yanked her back, finding their way out of the foyer and behind a wall. He pressed his back against a wall and held her shaking body against his, the blast scorching their backs.

And with that, they ran back, leaping over flames and the dead bodies of the guard, racing to their desired destination.

What do you think Yeosang and Chaerin's plan is????