I love my ears, thank you

(photo: the coach, Mark)

it is been a month since I started training under Micheal, my coach. he is a highly built man in his early 40s. he has dark skin. he has a burnet hair and brown eye. his eyes always hold no emotions while we are at training. sometimes after training, he will talk to me freely.

we are training daily at the same spot and at the same time. I have improved a lot under his training but I cannot able to practice my power due to this. so today I decided to talk to him about it. I know he will not be happy and he will think that I become overconfident or content with my current strength but it is not true. so I decided to open up to him and tell some truth to him to some extent.

I followed my routine which includes running, jumping, push-ups, some stretching exercise and started to swing the branch. once in a weak we will have a match between us. today we had for this week. as usual, he won today too.

after that, we sit at the roots of a nearby tree. ok, it is now or never.

" coach I have somethings to ask and tell you."

" go on, boy"

"coach can we have 4 days in a week classes. and before you have wrong ideas hear me out and then you can do whatever you want."

he gave the hand signal to go on.

"coach I will tell this but you should not laugh at me... ok, I am a mage and elemental.

he looked at me for some time and asked," when did you find out?"

" When I was 6 years old."

he analysed me, and slowly nodded his head and said "prove it"

we went inside the forest and I showcased all my powers to him. first I started with simple teleportation and telepathy. and I started to produce balls fire, water, sand, rock, and my powers one by one. he didn't speak till the end and his face is devoid of any emotions.after finishing I started the conversation.

"coach I usually practice at this time at the forest in the north end. but I didn't do that for a weak because of our training so if we change the training period it will be easy for me to do that practice too."

"ok we can do the training in the morning, you can come to the school."

"no coach, it is not possible. you see, I am a son of the warrior. my mother died when I was 2 years old in the forest. my father remarried and all things got messed up. let's say I am living the life of cinderella."

"then why you didn't run away"

"I am learning about the world and also practicing to increase my strength so that I can survive when I run away. I don't know when I will be ready though."

"that's why you are training to be a warrior even though you are a mage and elemental"

"that and I want strength to use rock element and to transport the monster after I hunt them."

" so you have been hunting since the age of ...."

"six, coach"

suddenly he started to laugh. this is my first time to see him laugh contently. I was confused. after he sobered up he said," I was the chief general of the army back in the capital. I retired at the age of 40 to teach others how to be me. but there was no one who I want to do it to the core. then the capital got the message that a particular forest near this infamous town of having only warriors had decreasing of monsters population for the past five years continuously. so they despatched me here to train them so that they can join the main campus for training as soon as possible. but from day one I didn't saw anyone who had the potential. then I met you, but you didn't had that much practice but something in me wanted to take you as my pupil.

you know they asked me to train me here for three years. how old are you?"

"10, turning 11 in a weak."

"good. then I will extend my stay for one year. when you turn 15 we can go to the capital together. you stay with me and I will train you as usual. and you can join the magic academy in the capital. they only accept the student from age 15. what do you say?"

I can't speak. I just launch towards him and tackled him with a hug. with the force I applied we both ended up in the ground and I yelled."yes yes yes.."

"ok boy I love my ears so much. thank you."

"sorry coach"