Mark's wrath

Mark stopped before the group of senior first-year student and started to address, "ok listen up, today we are going to the forest for your practical combat class, which will be on every Saturday at this same time. it will be for the whole day and I am going to be your teacher for this semester. your assistant coach is absent for today so my son, Lucus, and his friend Drew ( with a warning look towards Drew) are going to assist us. they are both of your age and they are going to be students of mage school from this year. prepare for the trip, we will start in fifteen minutes. if you have doubts ask Luke and Drew."

as everyone started to swing their sword, Luke turned towards Mark and asked, " have they seen real monsters before?"

everyone heard what he said and looked at him with eyes full of anger.

"who he thinks he is?" 

"he is from mage school that too not enrolled yet how can he say that?"

"he is the one who should take care, the mage has no combat strength"

"we will talk when he runs behind us for protection"

Drew replied," no, our system allowed a student for live practice only when they are at the senior first-year. if it is their first day, it should their first time seeing a monster"

 with a smirk, Luke turns to Mark and asked," coach how are going to assess them. and what we have to do?"

Mark answered," oh don't worry it will not be as much as yours, it will be simple. as to what you have to do, both will take rear side to protect them"

both gave a salute and started to assess the student about their strength and weakness.

Luke and Drew tried to point some mistakes in student's stance and blows but no one listened to them. some even criticized them when they move to others. Mark listened to everything and he is on the verge of breaking down.but he didn't say anything. 

when all are criticizing and not ready to hear new boy's words. only one boy was doing his work without giving attention to the outer world. he is swinging on his own without a pair. both Luke and Drew look at each other, nodded simultaneously, and reached that boy. they observed him for a minute and both took a branch at the corner. Drew started to be his partner while Luke pointed out things that are wrong in both Drew and that boy.

Drew swing the branch towards his left side of the neck to which he stopped it with his sword. he thought he will attack again but he didn't move an inch but Luke patted him on the upper back with a stick, he got the message and duck. but he didn't know why he was said to duck. and he also doesn't know why Drew always attacks his neck and legs and not any other parts.and Luke always point him to attack the opponent in the neck and chest all the time.

he thought that maybe they will tell him at the end but they didn't. they just practiced with him for 3 to 4 minutes and left him alone.

Luke and Drew after training the boy they went to check their own things. both went to select their sword from the equipment room.in the meantime, Mark asked for the other students to assemble and made them wait till both comebacks. all started to complain but he didn't listen to them.

one or two minutes later both came out, some of the students laughed secretly at the sword they choose. Luke chooses a sword that is so thin while Drew chooses one which is too heavy and too thick.the boy from earlier was too confused but didn't say anything.

Mark was so angry at the students so he asked them both to stay with him and don't make a move until he says so. both didn't oppose him. but the students just commented that their teacher decided so because they don't have the talent to defeat a monster on their own. it only increased Mark's anger.

Luke and Drew saw this and lightly panicked. both see each other and looked back at the students with eyes filled with pity. the students didn't understand and they got even angrier but the boy from earlier understand their action and he started to have a bad feeling about it. Luke asked that boy to be with them and to charge only when either Mark or he says so. the boy didn't say anything and did as he was asked.