1 - first day

Monday September 4th 1995

louis and harry: 3 years old

**

"mummy where's hazzy?"

"we're going to get him when we go, don't worry boobear"

"but I want hazzy now!"

"we are leaving in 2 minutes lou we will get him then"

"fine"

"right put on your bag and take your lunch"

louis pulls the straps of his bag over his shoulders and takes the lunchbox from his mummy's hands into his own, before using his free hand to grab his mummy's hand

"come on then, lets go get hazzy"

"YAY!!"

jay opened the front door and led louis out the house before locking the door and being pulled by the excited 3 year old towards 'hazzy's' house. they cross over the short distance to anne's house and jay knocks on the door, waiting for it to open.

"LOULOU IS HERE MUMMY"

a loud shout is heard from in the house and louis giggles in his place. he knows hazzy is just as excited to see him.

"hehe mummy hazzy is excited too"

jay smiles down at her son as the door swings open to reveal harry, all ready for his first day of school, next to a tired anne.

"LOULOU!!"

"HAZZY!!"

the two boys drop everything and hug each other as tight as they can. they were with each other all day yesterday, but they hug like they've been apart for months.

"he's been up all morning shouting about going to school with louis. he woke gemma up and she's not happy"

anne and jay talk about the boys' first day of school as they wait for gemma to get her stuff ready for her first day back to school. she's turning 6 in a couple months, just before louis turns 4, so she is going into year 1 now.

they 3 year old boys eventually separate and pick up their lunchboxes. their mothers put thier hands out for their sons to take but they are both met with shaking heads.

"I want to hold hazzy's hand"

"and I want to hold loulou's hand"

they take each others hands and step out the house, away from their mothers so they can talk alone.

"I'm scared loulou"

harry nervously says and looks down with a pout on his lips.

"it's okay hazzy, I am too, but I will protect you. don't worry"

louis leans in and kisses harry's forehead to try and make the slightly younger boy smile. it works as harry looks up and gives louis a kiss on his nose.

"thanks loulou, I'll try protect you too"

they two boys smile at each other and hold their hands even tighter. eventually gemma comes down the stairs in her uniform

"I'm ready"

they all leave the styles house and make their way to the primary school that's a short 10 minute walk away. harry and louis lead the way. their swinging hands in the middle of them and their lunchboxes clutched tightly in their other hands. anne and jay talk behind them as gemma holds onto her mums hands.

"okay here we are. gemma do you know where you're going?"

"yep" gemma nods her head and kisses her mums cheek before heading off to the year 1 classroom.

"should we walk them to their room?"

anne and jay decide to take the boys to their room because they have never been in this foreign building before.

harry and louis walk with their mums but still keep their hands held together. 2 minutes later and the four of them are stood outside a big classroom with short desks and toys littered around.

"okay boys you're in here. don't leave without asking or being told. and stick together"

"jay calm down, they'll be fine. the teachers are very nice here"

"I know I know, I'm just a little nervous"

"it's okay mummy, I won't leave hazzy"

"and I won't leave loulou"

"good. say goodbye then"

the two mothers sink down to their level and gave the boys kisses.

"be good"

"we will"

they shout at the same time.

"I love you both"

jay says one last time and they both wave. the two boys waltze into the room, still holding hands and pick a seat on the gorund together.

their hands were never separated. they stayed together all day.