chapter 3

dakota's p.o.v

the next morning as kenzie and i walked into the loud building, lucy immediately caught my eye. her boyfriend seemed to be talking to her but when she saw me, her attention was totally directed towards me. i took kenzie's hand and dragged her down the hallway, wanting to get away from lucy's site.

"hey hey!" kenzie says stopping me before we reached our lockers. "what was that? i would like my arm to stay in my socket thank you very much." she says stretching her arm and rubbing her shoulder. we take a few steps and get to our lockers.

"sorry but lucy was looking at me. i don't really want to talk to her." i say putting in the combination to my locker and swinging it open.

"why not? today is supposed to be the day where you ask for her number." i glance at my dense friend and roll my eyes. i shake my head and dig my hand into my locker, grabbing some obnoxiously heavy books.

"i..i just-" i groan, not being able to spit out what i want to say. kenzie looks at me confused, turning her whole body to face me. she raises an eyebrow. "i don't like how she only knew me as the 'gay girl'." i admit to kenzie and her eyebrows raise.

"i don't blame you, but you could be more than that if you get close to her." she says confidently to me but i can't help but lose the memory of what she just said to me as i saw the goddess walking down the hallway. "woah."

her short hair is more curly today instead of straight and she has less makeup on. she looks perfect. her sweatpants with birkenstock's and a crop top just couldn't fit her body any better. i see kenzie smirking at me as i gawk at the beautiful girl walking down the hallway. alone.

our eyes meet as she turns her head to me. i literally wipe my mouth, thinking i actually drooled over this girl. she starts walking towards us. shit. kenzie shuts her locker and once again i grab onto her hand, slamming my locker closed and darting down the hall with her. mostly everyone is staring at us but i don't care.

i'm pulled back as i feel kenzie stand her ground harshly. "dakota!" she says a little louder and i sigh, closing my eyes for a minute.

"can we just..go to class?" i ask sweetly to her and she gives me a look that's asks 'are you dumb?'

"you have first period with her, you idiot." she says but her dumb look slowly turns into a slight smirk. she crosses her arms. "so yes, we can go to class." she grabs my hand this time and we walk down the hallway. dammit, i forgot.

the bell rings once i'm outside of my first period classroom. "bye bestie." i pout as i hold tightly on kenzie's hand. she laughs, kissing my hand dramatically as if i'm a princess. she proceeds down the hallway with her arm extending towards me as if she's so sad to leave me.

i walk in the room and take my seat, the same as yesterday. as everyone comes rolling in, i keep my eyes down at my desk, toying with my pencil. my eyes shoot up as i see lucy come walking in and take the same seat next to me. why didn't i just pick a different seat when i had the chance two minutes ago?!

as she gets her things out, i can feel her intense stare on me. i feel my cheeks blush as i keep my eyes on my pencil between my fingers. i'm turning red right in front of the most popular girl in school from just her stare.

"are you ignoring me?" i hear her angelic voice and i know she's talking to me. i put my pencil down, turning my head to her. she raises an eyebrow at me slightly.

"no." i mumble, shaking my head. "why do you think that?" i ask stupidly, realizing i literally ran down the hallway as i saw her walking towards me. i need to stop talking.