Chapter 6

As the rain poured down on the company, the thunder rumbled and everyone was getting wet. (Y/n) pulled her hoof from her cloak over her head to at least keep the rain out of her eyes, but it was proving unsuccessful. Walking her pony next to Bilbo, she felt eyes on the back of her head. When she looked back, she saw Kili's drenched face looking at her, but quickly averted his eyes elsewhere when she caught him. Bilbo looked back at him, then turned back around to face front.

"I don't like the way he's looking at you," Bilbo stated.

"Bilbo, can you not go into Big Brother I-must-protect-from-all-men tone? It's nothing" (Y/n) sighed.

Bilbo grumbled and (Y/n) smirked at her winning. She looked up at the sky and the rain came down, landing on her face.

"Here, Mr. Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" Dori asked.

"It is raining, Master dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done" Gandalf replied "If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard".

"Are there any?" Bilbo asked.

"What?" Gandalf asked.

"Other wizards".

"There are four other wizards, Bilbo" (Y/n) answered. Gandalf looked back at her and smiled before continuing on.

"Yes, there are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman the White. And then there are the two blue wizards... do you know, I've quite forgotten their names"

"And who is the fifth?" Bilbo asked.

"Well, that would be Radagast the Brown" Gandalf responded.

"Is he a great wizard? Or is he more like you?" Bilbo asked, making (Y/n) let out a snort. She covered her mouth with her hand and looked down.

"I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way," Gandalf said, looking back. "He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forest lands to the east. And a good thing, too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world"

(Y/n) pondered this thought when she felt a weight on her shoulders, stopping the shivering of her body. She saw Kili next to her as he pulled his hands away from her shoulders.

"Kili, come on, take it back. Now you'll be cold"

"I'll be alright. Besides, I love the rain"

~~~~~~~~~~~

The travel continued, until the company came upon a broken down, old farmhouse. Thorin stopped his pony and turned to face the group.

"We'll camp here for the night," he said "Fili, Kili, look after the ponies. Make sure you stay with them"

Gandalf walked over to the old farmhouse and looked at the destruction.

"A farmer and his family used to live here" Gandalf said

"Oin, Gloin, get a fire going" Thorin spoke.

"I think it would be wiser to move on. We could make for the Hidden Valley" the wizard declared.

"I have told you already, I will not go near that place" Thorin stated.

"Why not? The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice" Gandalf tried.

"I do not need their advice"

"We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us"

"Help?" Thorin began "A dragon attacks Erebor. What help came from the elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls. And the elves looked on and did nothing. And you ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather. Who betrayed my father"