The Royal Guard

"The schedule for your stay here is pretty simple honestly," Pete started walking around handing out a parchment with a calendar on it, "You are going to be staying here for around two months while the soldiers train. So far the next three days while we are awaiting the soldier's arrival you will mostly get familiar with the area and the schedule you will be on."

Phil then continued Pete's explanation, "Once your soldiers arrive everyone including you all will be put into two days of classes. The first will be on the levels of guards that are in the Antarctic Army and the second day will be on the history of the Empire."

Fit raised his hand briefly before just speaking, "Um why are the classes necessary?"

"It is to get you more of an understanding of how we run," Wisp answered, "While we are waiting for your soldiers you will mostly watch our army train and see how we run. The classes though are to explain how we do things and more of an understanding of the empire as a whole. This will be a very brief lesson as the regular ones are a month each. Every one of our soldiers have to take this seminar every other year. Once a year a week each if they are in a higher position."

"Ah," Fit said, "That is a little excessive."

"Honestly for our people, it is their favorite time of the year for them," Calvin said as he leaned back in his chair his arms behind his head, "They love learning about the country no matter how many times we do it. Trust me on this we did an anonymous poll in the army."

"Ya it is a little weird," Wisp said scratching the back of his head, "It is one of the plusses of being a higher position in the army."

"You're right that is a little odd," Burren said looking at the Antarctic leaders questingly.

"Alright then back to the schedule," Pete said looking back at the sheet, "After the quick lessons they will be put on a schedule of ten hours of training per day. Don't worry they won't be too overworked. This is our usual work out for the beginners of the army."

"The beginners of your army do ten hours a day after two months of classes?" Micheal said looking at them like they were crazy.

"Yep," Calvin said still laying casually in his chair.

"That is all of the main points of the schedule," Phil said folding the paper and putting it in a pocket on the inside of his kimono. "Also for dinner tonight you will be eating with us and Techno. There you will also meet the royal guard officially."

"You mentioned them before who are they?" Sylvee said wondering who those soldiers were from before.

"They are the few soldiers that make it to the highest point of the army. They are on the same level as Me, Wisp, Calvin, and the lieutenant generals. All of us only under Techno himself. Pete mostly just stays at home to make sure everything is on track," Phil explained, "Also they have been blessed with the artificial immortality alongside us."

"Wait hold up a minute," Wilbur said, "artificial immortality?"

"Ya, the scientists of our country found a way to make people immortal. They weren't born or summoned to this world immortal like the rest of us," Pete explained.

"Why haven't you shared this with the rest of the countries this could save many lives!" Tommy said angered that they kept something that important from the rest of the world.

"Because the process was extremely dangerous, to begin with. Then the way to do it was ultimately destroyed after it made our six royal guards immortal. It was too dangerous to release to the public," Phil said trying to explain how crucial it was that it was destroyed, "I mean it is fantastic that it was destroyed. Techno was against it, to begin with, and not to mention from what I heard from the guys it hurts like all living hell to respond. Like a lot more then it is for us."