Rise of the Blood God (#3 of Backstory)

A few days passed and it all went in a semi-regular routine. Everyday Techno would get taken by the guards and then when he got back the kids took care of his wounds. As time went on the group grew closer. One night Techno was staying up watching the kids as they slept to make sure nothing happened. They were like his siblings and he didn't want them to get hurt.

That was when he heard a noise from the door. It was the sound of it unlocking. Techno instantly stood defensively in front of the sleeping kids. He watched as the door opened slowly. That was unusual, they usually slammed the door open. Techno tensed up more when he saw someone start to enter...

The figure soon came into Technos view. It was a blond woman who was carrying a huge bag of things. The two made eye contact and Techno stiffened more once he met her blue eyes. She was a relatively tall woman and had a good amount of muscle too. From the looks of it, she looked like a guard but he doubted it because the empire seemed to lack respect for women.

The woman smiled when she saw Techno. She quickly put down the bad she was holding in the corner and went up to Techno. "Hello," She whispered once she got relatively close enough to him. Techno stiffened at her greeting. "My name is Amera Goldburn. I am only here to bring the kids some supplies. I am guessing you are their new cellmate that I have heard about?"

Techno stared at her wearily before nodding in affirmation. This must have been the woman that the kids mentioned. Techno relaxed a bit if the kids trusted her then he had no place to argue.  Techno stiffened once again when he heard a shuffle behind him. He quickly looked back and saw Nestor rubbing his eyes.

"What's going on?" Nestor asked sleepily before looking up and seeing Amera. "Mrs. Amera!" Nestor exclaimed happily before rushing over and hugging her legs tightly.

At Nestor's sudden outburst the other kids started to stir. Techno started to freak out, as it was extremely late and they shouldn't have been up. Much to Techno's disappointment, all of them woke up and went over to Amera, excitedly chatting and hugging her. Techno stood to the side awkwardly, watching the exchange between the kids and the girl. Amera smiled happily, chatting with the kids hugging them back, checking to make sure they are all okay.

"How are you all? Is anyone hurt?" Amera questioned worriedly.

The kids all shook their heads. "No, we're all okay," Bad explained, smiling at Amera.

"Yeah, the new bozzo has been protecting us whenever the guards come around!" Squid said, motioning over to Techno who was standing off the side awkwardly.

"Yeah, whenever the guards come around he always puts himself in front of us. The guards always take him instead of us now. He always comes back really hurt though. Your supplies have helped a lot to heal him!" Skeppy said, looking sad at the mention of Techno coming back hurt.

"Really?" Amera asked, shocked, looking over at Techno, who was shifting uncomfortably at the new attention. Techno looked into Amera's eyes and saw gratefulness in them. Techno relaxed a bit giving the girl a small half-smile. Amera quickly stood up to her full height and walked over to Techno. "Let me see these injuries." She stated, standing in front of Techno.

Techno stared at her for a minute before he got pounced on by Dream, Fruit, and Pete. They were all talking about how she would be proud of how they patched him up and how they did it all just like she said to. The kids pulled Techno's ripped shirt to the side showing the tight bandages and a few fresh scars that littered his body. Amera inspected the bandages and wounds.

"You did an amazing job patching him up kiddos! I'm happy you were able to help him!" Amera said, relaxing a bit seeing that all the wounds were patched up properly. Techno stared at Amera questioningly. He had only known her for less than twenty minutes. Why did she care so much for him?