Chapter 17

Happy reading peeps. Xoxoxoxo

______________________________________

Dawn came very slowly, I was beginning to get cold and even though I was exhausted I couldn't sleep. My nerves are on high alert, every single time I hear a sound I jump. I keep telling myself to come down it's only rats but jump none the less when they make a sound.

I hope Ayanda has gone to my house already and my parents are coming to get me. The taxis have started operating, if only I could see someone I know to give me taxi fare I would replace it when I reach home.

"Excuse me sir. What is the time now?" I ask the security guard.

"It is 05:00 a.m" he replied.

I was about to ask him to borrow me his phone when two cars screeched to a stop in from of the booth we were sitting in. No no no it's Nikolai's men.

Everything happened so fast but to me, it was in slow motion. The SUV' doors opened first came out Andre, then Dimitri and Blondie aka Gerald.

Then they came to the booth in long strides. I wanted to run or scream but nothing happened I couldn't move.

"Ntombi (young woman) what is going on, you look like you have seen a ghost."

Well I was seeing something far worse but my voice abandoned me. He started shaking me when I said nothing. That helped me regain my composure and I jumped to my feet opening the door but this is no fairy tale land where there are happy endings. I ran straight to Andre's waiting chest, the impact almost threw me off balance, but Andre caught me and swung me over his shoulder. I tried struggling and hitting his back, it was as though I am hitting a mountain. I don't think he even felt a sting from my fists.

Gerald opened the back door of the other SUV and Andre threw me in the back seat and got in with me. I don't know how they found me Joburg is a big city and very crowded.

What will happen to me? how did they realise I was gone? All these questions are giving me a headache. I am screwed, royally screwed.

As soon as we reached the mansion I was dragged to the basement. We used a different entrance because I saw none of the maids and guards. Andre unlocked a cell door and shoved me in.

"Andre what are you going to do to me?" I asked as he was leaving me in this cold and damp room.

"Now you will know who Nikolai Volkov really is." With that he left

Wait what!!!!!

What does that mean. "I will know who he really is."

**********************************
I have been in here for a long time, I am not sure for how long or if it's daytime or nighttime, I am starving and dehydrated. He must have decided to starve me to death. The room is so cold if hunger does not kill me hypothermia will and the dress I am wearing is thin.

The door opened and in came Nikolai dragging a chair with him, making it the only furniture in the room. He sat down in front of me. He said nothing just stared at me with a passive face for a long time. Why isn't he saying anything. After a long time he stood up and left again without a word.

I tried calling him but my mouth wouldn't work. I crawled and grabbed his left leg, he turned and gave me a passive look then shrugged me off of him. And locked the door. I sank to the cold floor and weeped. I cried because I was cold. I cried because I was hungry. I cried because I was tired and I cried because that's all I could do.

I must have fallen asleep on that spot. What woked me up was the drop in temperature, the room got colder. Could it be that it's the early hours of the morning or maybe Nikolai can manipulate the heat settings in the basement cells as part of his torture.

The door opened again Nikolai came in with Dimitri. They had chains with them. My teeth started clattering from fear or the cold, I don't know.

Nikolai instructed Dimitri in Russian to do something. None of the men acknowledged me, it was as if I am not even here in the room with them. Dimitri made his way towards me and lifted me so I was standing on my feet facing the wall, but I could not feel them they had frozen to blocks of ice. He held me up and Nikolai came around us and took my right arm, held it up and chained it to the wall, he then did the same to my left arm.

The way my arms were chained to the wall I could not turn my head to look over my shoulder and my legs were swinging low on the floor. One of them left I am not sure who because whoever is with me has not said a word. My arms and back were getting tired not to mention my legs.

"So you think you can escape and run away from me, after I told you that you will never leave this place, that your life now belongs to my mafia.!!" Nikolai screamed at me.

So it was him I was left with. I didn't say anything. Next thing he grabs a knife from his pocket and rips the dress from my body until I am left with only my panties and bra. He removes his belt and then starts to whip me using the end with the buckle.

"Aaah aaah" my screams fill the room but he does not stop. I am bleeding and still he continues, the belt hits my back my thighs and legs. When he is tired he takes a break then hits me again and again and again. I think I fainted at one point because he threw cold water at me to wake me up and hit me again relentlessly.

I am too exhausted to scream anymore, I just moan and grunt each time the belt connects with my tender flesh.

"Did you think you can get away without me finding you?" He asks but I don't answer, not because I don't want to but because the task of moving my lips is monumental. My body is on fire from the pain.

He grabs my hair pulls hard so that my head is bending backwards resting on my neck.

"Should I cut out your tongue since you have no use for it?" He barks the question near my ear.

I shake my head no. But that is not enough he pulls at my hair again and I summon what little energy I have left and answer him.

"No"

"No to cutting your tongue out or to me finding you?"

He asks again. Really can't he see that I am struggling to use any part of my body right now.

"Both." I whisper

He lets go of my hair and moves away from me. He then throws about a bucket full of cold water again at me and leaves the room.

My body starts to shiver uncontrollably, I feel hot and cold at the same time and I can't stop shivering and eventually I pass out, welcoming the sweet darkness and numbness, with unconsciousness there is no pain.

______________________________________

Please vote and comment xoxoxoxo