chapter 2

I get off the taxi at the stop sign. I think my nerves are all over the place as I think someone is following me, but of course it's because of what I saw earlier today it would shake anyone and I am pretty sure I am going to have nightmares about it unless I convince myself it was a scene from a movie. Besides I don't think anyone would believe me if I told them what I saw. It's either they would say I imagined the whole thing or that it was not as I saw and that I was exaggerating.

"Aaaaah" I screamed as I was yanked inside a car and it started moving at the speed of light and I am sure no body saw anything because people now just pretend they didn't see things happen and that even if they did, it was not their business. I tried fighting and scratching out the eyes of who ever held me and then I felt a tiny prick on my neck and instantly knew I was drugged and the last thing I heard was someone saying we got her boss.

Russian mafia mansion / hideout

I jolted awake when a cold splash of water washed over me and I knew immediately I was not home because of the dim light and mucky foul odour of the place. All the events of yesterday came rushing to me and a deep fear settled over me and I knew whoever took me was not to be messed with but what do they want with me?. Whilst I was trying to figure that out a deep raspy voice filled the room "the boss will see u now." The accent is definitely not South African.I rose from my sitting position from the tiny itchy mattress they had thrown me in and walked towards the door with wobbly feet. Firstly because I was petrified and secondly because my legs were numb, which makes me wonder how long have I been here passed out. It could be days and I thought it was just yesterday.

As we walked out of the basement I saw a staircase and the raspy voice guy told me to go ahead of him, I did as I was told until we reached a door, raspy voice guy leaned over me and knocked twice and the door opened. I had to close my eyes because of the light that was coming through the door and then he pushed me forward, clearly he has no manners. I was lead to a passage (hallway) and then through an elevator it had only 4 buttons and I wondered where I was. The elevator opened and we walked out again into another passage (hallway) and stopped at the third door from the right. Raspy voice knocked twice again "what's up with that I wondered" but no come in was heard and the door didn't open either like last time, I was starting to think maybe they didn't hear his knock from the inside when the door clicked open.

As we entered my eyes roamed around the room obviously, it looked to be a study or home office from the way it was designed the decor was minimalist but expensive and right in front of me was a wooden desk with a laptop on it and a few files and the chair behind the desk was a deep red /  maroon colour leather chair (throne would be more fitting) almost like blood, on the left side of the wall was a book shelf and adjacent to it a dark brown leather couch. I was not prepared for what I saw on my right side was a handsome man. He was wearing slacks and a white shirt the sleeves rolled up to his elbows but what was more shocking was the man on the floor held by other two men as the handsome man punched and punched him, his face was barely unrecognisable but the handsome man. "I have to stop calling him that". Seemed to be only getting started. He finally glanced up and our eyes locked, he seemed to pause for a second but I was already rendered motionless from fear when I saw him beat up that man. He spoke and I realised he was speaking in Russian. "Ooh yes raspy police's accent." The bleeding man was dragged out the room by the two men who were holding him and then he told raspy voice to leave us alone as well.

As soon as I saw raspy voice leaving I clung to him for dear life, he couldn't leave me alone with him, he may be handsome but he oozed evil right through and through. But I was no match for raspy strength and he shrugged me off as if I was lint on his favourite coat.

"Come closer" he said in a deep scary voice