chapter 1

You would never believe it's winter as the streets of Jo'burg are busy with people and taxis and cars everywhere. I personally would rather be sleeping, but I need to find a job so I can pay for my tuition and support my family as well.

My best friend and only friend she's the one who told me about this job post. Her big brother works in the building and heard that they were looking for sales rep at the 10th floor and luckily for me he remembered that I was looking and told his sister to tell me.

Me and Portia have been friends since high school when I helped her with a situation (having your period at school and u have no sanitary pads) and we basically stuck together to this day, we have had other friends but they never stuck around, claiming that we were inseparable and it was hard to be friends with us since there was no place for them.

Anyway I am out in the cold winter hailing a taxi to town. I really pray  I get the job.

Johannesburg  At an office building

After my interview I feel really good about this job and it looks like I might even get the job, many people were there but I hope I am amongst the 10 people the company is looking for in order to do outdoor sales and marketing for their new product. And one thing about me is that I could sell anything and I hope I sold my self as a good sales person in there.

Now I am heading home as I walk from the nice clean place to the dirtiest part of the city to where the taxi rank is I heard a commotion near a dark passage (alley) and I plan to walk as fast as I can. Just as I walk past I hear a gun shot and I am frozen at the spot. I see the guy who just shot this other man who is laying dead on the dirty muddy ground the other man is approaching me but  I am frozen to the spot until someone bumps into me running, probably because of the gun shot, that helps me to get my senses back and I run as fast as my legs would carry me, at one point I nearly got hit by a car but I manage to skid through. Once I reach the taxi rank I get on the taxi that's going to my township and try to look calm but I am not sure I am pulling it off judging by the stares and glances I am getting. When the taxi is full it leaves the rank and I sigh with relief, finally I am getting out of here.

But little did I know