𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙸𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚎"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena rolled her eyes at Steve's speech knowing her dad will have a comment. 

"Following's not really the Stark style," Tony told him.

"And you Starks are all about style aren't you?" Steve glanced at Athena for a second then back at her dad. Athena was confused about why she was being brought into this and slightly hurt too, she had been respectful to Steve. 

"Of the people in this room, which one is, A, wearing a spangly outfit and, B, not of use," Tony asked sensing his daughter's sadness. 

Banner spoke up "Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you"

Steve didn't answer he just looked towards Athena with a slightly guilty look in his eyes but turned back to her dad "Just find the Cube" He walked out of the lab his aura getting angrier with every step he took.  

Tony turned and pulled Athena into a side hug "That's the guy my dad never shut up about. I'm wondering if they should have kept, him on ice" 

Athena hit his shoulder "Hey he may have been a bit of a prick but no need to be like that" He nodded and continued working.

"The guy's not wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us" Banner told them.

Tony left his work station and walked over to Banner "What he's got is an Acme dynamite kit it's going to blow up in his face and us two" He pointed towards Athena and then his self "Are going to be there when it does" 

Banner nodded "Yeah I'll read all about it"

"Uh-huh. Or you'll be suiting up with the rest of us" Tony told him.

Athena looked at the information Banner sent over her way while shaking her head at her dad. 

"You see, I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed like a nerve it's a nightmare" Banner told them.

"You know I've got a cluster of shrapnel trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. This stops it" He patted his chest "This little circle of light, It's part of me now not just armor. It's a terrible privilege" 

Banner nodded "But you can control it" 

"Because I learned how," Tony told him.

Banner shook his head "It's different" 

"Hey, I read all about your accident" Tony spoke.

Athena shook her head "Dad please don't start" 

He ignored her and carried on "That much gamma exposure should have killed you." 

"So you are saying that the Hulk... The other guy saved my life?" Banner questioned.

Athena shook her head "I think what my dad is trying to say is that you are a strong person it takes a lot to survive that and yes you have a raging monster inside of you. But by the looks of it, you've managed to control it extremely well. If I was in your position and I was having the same conversation with my dad I would have already Hulked out or whatever they call it" 

Banner smiled at her "Thank you, Athena" She nodded and went back to looking at the information in front of her.