𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena pushed herself up off Steve and offered him her hand "Thanks"

He nodded and took her hand "It's fine" Steve then looked over at Tony "Put on the suit"

Tony nodded in agreement "Yeah"

The 3 of them ran out of the lab. They could hear Hill through the intercom telling them about the engine needing repairs. "Athena" Hill spoke.

"Yeah what's up?" She asked.

"Help Captain with whatever he needs"

Athena nodded "Copy that"

They carried on running until Tony pointed to a corridor "You two go down there to engine 3 I'll meet you down there"

Athena nodded "Stay safe"

"Aren't I supposed to tell you that?" Tony asked.

She smiled at him "I'll be fine I'm with Steve" 

He nodded and they parted ways. While Athena and Steve were running he turned to her "I know right now its probably a bad time but I'm sorry for everything I said" 

Athena nodded "It's fine you were angry about getting lied to. I know the feeling" 

"You think you're getting lied to?" Steve asked.

Athena nodded. "Isn't it obvious Mr. Rodgers you've seen how Fury and my dad looked at me. I don't know what I am but to them, I must be something really bad" 

He shook his head "Sweet girl like you? Can't be anything bad about you" They reached where engine 3 was supposed to be and Steve called out to Tony. "Stark! Stark we are here" 

"Good. Let's see what we got" Tony pushed something back into the engine. "I need you to get to that control and tell me which relays are in overload position. 

Steve looked at Athena "Get on my back" 

She looked shocked "What?" 

"Just trust me," He told her. 

Athena sighed as she climbed onto him. "I'm not too heavy am I?" She asked.

He shook his head "Can hardly feel you. Now let's go" He jumped across to space using a bar to help him Athena kept her eyes tightly shut and her grip got stronger. Once they got to the other side she climbed down. 

"I wish I would have used one of my portals" Athena mumbled. 

He started to look into the control system "What's wrong scared of heights?" 

She rolled her eyes. She wasn't going to tell Steve about her fear of heights at a time like this "No it would have been easier and I wouldn't have had to get on you back" 

He rolled his eyes "Yeah well you weren't heavy and we made it across so stop complaining and give me a hand" She nodded and looked over the circuit. 

"What does it look like in there?" Tony asked.

"It seems to run on some sort of form of electricity," Steve told him.

Athena nodded "Yeah you know like most things" 

"Well, you're not wrong" Tony responded.

Steve rolled his eyes "Listen I don't know do I" 

Athena started to mess around with the circuit and inform her dad what was going on "Okay the relays are intact whats our next move?" 

"Even if I clean the rotors this thing won't start without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push" 

Steve was looking out of the hole in the wall "If that thing gets up to speed you'll get shredded" 

Athena nodded "Yeah he's right" 

"The stator control unit can reverse the polarity long enough to disengage maglev and that could-" 

"Speak English" Steve shouted.

Athena could feel her dad's eyes roll "See that red leaver. It will slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out Stand by it. Wait for my word" 

Steve nodded "Come on then" 

Athena looked at him "What?" 

"Get back on my back" He told her.

Athena shook her head "No thank you I'll-" 

He grabbed hold of her waist and jumped with her in his arms she let out a little scream and clutched onto him tighter. "Are you sure you're not afraid of highs" He asked her.

Athena glared at him "Okay fine yes I'm afraid of highs" 

He laughed "Yeah I can tell" 

"I only screamed once and I wasn't ready to be-" 

She was cut off by Steve laughing "It wasn't your scream Athena. It's the fact you are still holding onto me" 

Athena could feel her cheeks heat up as she pulled away "Sorry" 

He shook his head "It's fine don't worry I won't let you fall" He put his arm back around her waist and pulled her further away from the open wall.