𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙰𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Athena listen I know you said you didn't want to fly but I need your help" 

Athena's mind was instantly conflicted. She didn't like flying but by the sound of her dad's voice, she knew he needed help. "Okay, what do you need" She questioned.

"I have 2 missiles coming our way. I can get one of them through that portal but I can't reach the other I need to you take it through one of yours" Tony told her.

Her eyes widened "Dad that could kill us both" 

He sighed "I know" 

She looked over New York. Everything was ruined her home was ruined. "How long we got?" 

"3 minutes," Tony told Athena where the missile was going to be she started up her rocket boosters and flew off in the direction of the missile. The entire time her head was spinning and her stomach was churning. 

Natasha's voice rang through the intercoms "Does anyone copy? I can shut the portal down" 

Steve shouted for Natasha to shut the portal but Tony interfered "No wait" 

"Stark these things are still coming" 

"I got two nukes coming in they are going to blow in less than a minute Athena is getting one of them and putting it through her portals. And I know just where to put mine"

"Stark you know that's a one-way trip and what do you mean Athena has gone to get the other one?" 

Athena spoke up "Exactly what he said Steve gotta throw a missile into space should be fun right?" 

"Athena you cant do that if you go into space it will kill you instantly I mean Tony has a bit of protection. You have nothing" 

"Incorrect. I have gloves" She joked.

She started to fly the missiles into her portal that were now visible in the sky Tony spoke up to say one last goodbye "I'll see you soon Star" His intercom soon cut out as he entered the portal. 

"Athena please don't do this" Steve begged.

She could hear how desperate Steve was but she knew she didn't have another choice. It was the only way to save New York "Hey don't worry" she smiled slightly "I'll see you in a minute. Don't be late" 

"Wouldn't dream of it" 

As soon as she said that she entered the portal. She threw the missile as far as she could before it exploded. She looked around and could see the stars that decorate the night sky but there was a problem.

She was still alive.

She looked around for any answers but couldn't find one. She knew she was definitely in space but she could breathe. She heard whispering behind her so she turned around. The only thing that was there was darkness. "Hello. Is anyone out there?" She called out. The whispers got louder as the dark mass came apart to form dark gray shadows.

"Athena Astéri" 

She shook my head "No I'm Athena Stark" 

They got out bows and arrows and aimed them at her "You are Athena Astéri and you must be killed to restore the darkness" They started to attack the girl. She quickly threw up a force field as she was thinking of a way to get rid of them all. That's when she remembered what was around her. The stars. She harnessed power from a few stars and quickly shot their power back at them. But instead of turning to dust they just shriveled up.

As the last one started to die she quickly flew over. "Who are you?" She questioned.

It smiles showing its teeth. They were sharp and white. "We are the darkness that everyone fears and so should you Athena Astéri. We will be back. We will take over the Star Kingdom. Darkness will rule again and take back what you took from us"

She tilted her head and her face held a confused expression "What did I ever take from you. I didn't even know you" 

"Our home" It shot one last arrow but Athena caught it before it could pierce her skin.

She stood still for a while taking in the experience "Well I guess I'd better get home" Athena made a portal and jumped through wondering how she was going to explain the situation to the rest of the Avengers.