𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚒𝚝. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎, 𝙵𝚞𝚛𝚢" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fury walked into the room at looked straight at Tony. "What are you doing Mr. Stark" 

"Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you" Tony responded.

Fury had an angry look on his face "You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract" 

Banner looked up from his screen "We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit we'll have the location within half a mile"

Tony pointed off to the machine they put together "Yeah, then you get your Cube back no muss, no fuss" his screen went off "What is phase 2?" 

A loud band could be heard "Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. uses the Cube to make weapons" We all looked over at Steve "Sorry, computer was working a little slow for me"

Fury started to approach Steve "Rogers, we gather everything related to the tesseract. This does not mean that we're making..." 

Athena cut him off "I'm sorry Nick. But I think your lying" She turned the screen around so Steve and Fury could get a clear view. 

Steve looked back to Fury "I was wrong director the world hasn't changed a bit"

Natasha and Thor entered the room Banner asked Natasha if she knew about the weapons but she just asked if he wanted to remove himself from the environment they were in. He just laughed "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed" 

She approached him "Loki is manipulating you"

"And you've been doing what exactly" Banner questioned.

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you" Natasha responded.

He nodded "Yes and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" 

Furry pointed to Thor "Because of him" He then looked in Athena's direction "And her" 

"Us?" Thor asked.

Fury sighed "Last year Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly hilariously, outgunned. And... Athena's powers are too strong for this world"

Thor looked towards Fury "My people want nothing but peace with your planet" 

Fury nodded "But your not the only people out there are you and your not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched. That can't be controlled people we don't understand" His eye drifted to Athena again and she shifted uncomfortably under his gaze.

Steve looked over at them "What like you controlled and understood the Cube" 

Thor nodded "Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki, and his allies to it. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war" 

Steve looked over the group "Higher form?"

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something" Fury told them all.

Athena butted in "A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down" 

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark" Fury snapped.

She shook her head "Oh you know that wasn't my doing Fury so don't start" 

Steve butted in "I'm sure if they still made weapons Mr. Stark would be neck-deep"

"Woah wait. Hold on how is this about me" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry isn't everything" Steve responded.

Thor rolled his eyes "I thought human were more evolved than this" 

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up" Fury responded.

"You treat your champions with such mistrust" 

They all continued arguing Athena zoned out until she heard her name. "Fair enough but how is Athena on top of the threat watch list? she's so young and from the footage, we've all seen has been working with you" Banner asked.

Fury looked towards Banner "Oh you have no idea" 

Athena laughed "Well that makes two of us then, doesn't it. What are you not telling me, Fury" 

He smiled "why don't you ask your dad"