twenty-one

21. i am ready

VADA WASN'T SURE IF she should be annoyed or grateful that she and Kylo didn't train again after the session when she connected with the Force

VADA WASN'T SURE IF she should be annoyed or grateful that she and Kylo didn't train again after the session when she connected with the Force. She had been told he was away on a mission, but she didn't know to where.

Ever since Snoke had decided Kylo would train her, she had been left out of the meetings she used to attend. And now, with no training and absolutely nothing to do, Vada was bored.

She met up with Sei in the cafeteria in the early morning. Hux' assistant looked more tired than usual, and Vada wondered why.

"Busy night?" Vada asked her as they sat down and ate the brown mush that was supposed to be breakfast.

Sei sighed. "Hux kept us up with paperwork and transmissions from that mission the Commander is on. It's exhausting."

Vada's eyes perked up to her friend. "Oh? What uh...what kind of mission is it?"

"Something about an allegiance with a planet in the Corellian system," Sei explained, almost falling asleep on top of her breakfast.

"Oh." Vada longed to have been able to go on that mission. At least she's be somewhere else instead of being in the constant captivity of the Supremacy. Perhaps she could even sabotage it and make sure the First Order didn't gain any more power. "Do you know how long Kylo will be gone for?" she asked casually.

Sei's eyebrows perked up slightly, "Kylo? Hm." Vada had no idea how to respond but luckily, Sei didn't linger. "Commander Ren is supposedly coming back tomorrow."

The two women ate the rest of their breakfast while chatting about some unimportant things. When Vada walked back to her quarters, she knew what she had to do.

She found the secret transmitter and held down the button. "Connix?" even though she was alone in her room, she still whispered as if someone would be leaning an ear against her door. "Connix, it's Vada Craene."

After a few seconds the usual humming of the transmitter stopped and a voice was heard. "Vada? I'm here," Connix replied from a secret base far away. "What do you have for me?"

Something very deep inside of her hesitated, it didn't want her to tell the Resistance of yet another mission the First Order was on. But Vada was logical, and she knew exactly what she had come to the Supremacy for. So, she told Connix about the mission the Commander was on. Sei had told her he was on a planet named Drall, in the Corellian system.

"Alright, thank you Vada," Connix said after Vada had explained everything. "The General is very grateful, we all are."

Vada sighed, "just try to fight back."

"We will," Connix replied, but Vada caught the uncertainty even through the transmitter. "Over and out."

The Princess hid the tiny transmitter where she had it before, in the top drawer of her nightstand, etched between two screws, nobody would see it if they were just looking.