𝐱𝐢𝐱

- 3rd Person POV -

Natsuki, Leon, and Nagisa's junior high graduation ended fairly quickly. Well, it lasted for about two hours, but the only reason the three felt it ended fast was that they haven't paid attention to the ceremony at all. Groups of students sang, performed a poem and speeches, yet they couldn't care less. Natsuki almost fell asleep. The ceremony was too boring for him to even pay attention to. Meanwhile, Leon kept thinking about his friend. He wanted to apologize before it's too late.

"Now, please stand up for the last speech," a science teacher said. The school principal walked up the stairs to the stage with a proud smile on his face. As he held the mic, he looked at all of his students with pride.

"Students, looking at all you... makes me proud to be a principal. Throughout the years, I've been to many schools. Each of them had their own unique traits. But this time, this school brings me the most joy. You are all talented and intelligent kids. Your teachers and I are so proud that you've come this far...

"Soon, you'll all be stepping into a new chapter of your lives," the principal continued, kindly scanning the whole of the student body with his eyes. 

"High school won't be easy. It's one step closer to university. From now on, you all will decide which path you want to take. I know it's too early to say this since it's junior high graduation, but time goes fast. In one second you're right here, in the gymnasium graduating junior high. And in another, you'll be graduating high school," the principal laughed awkwardly and shook his head. 

"I apologize for spiralling on different topics." He smiled. "The best advice I can give to you. Is to enjoy your teenage years. Go study, work hard, have fun and hang out with your new or old friends. As long as you maintain a balance. Now, I hope you all a good future. The world is bright now that you all are getting closer to becoming adults," the principal concluded. He bowed his head gently and smiled at all of his students. 

With that, the junior high graduation of Tokyo's top leading school has finally come to an end. After all the students sang their final song for the teachers, they then flowed out of the gymnasium with grins on their faces. 

"I can't believe we're going to high school!" one girl screamed and giggled along with her friends. Nagisa and Nishinoya Suzumi walked out of the gym hand in hand, each with an excited smile on their faces. 

"I can't wait! There must be some cute guys in Karasuno too!" Nagisa laughed at her friend's comment. Boys had always been the topic when it comes to Suzumi, and it's not that Nagisa minds it. She finds it rather interesting, actually. Boys had always been the least of her worries. Well, that was before she met Leon. And speaking of Leon, the blonde-haired boy had just come out of the gym. Many students rushed before him but he seemed unaffected. 

Suzumi nudged her friend. "Go, talk to him. Didn't you tell me you were going to ask for his second button?"

Nagisa nervously nodded. "Well, I might not do it." 

"Why not?!" Suzumi furrowed her brows and crossed her arms. 

Nagisa shrugged. "I mean, it's an old tradition. I feel like nobody does it anymore," she replied, biting her lips as she imagined it. Next to them were a couple. Both had bright grins on their faces as the boy took the second button of his uniform and gave it to the girl. They were both bright red and looking at the two made Suzumi raise a brow.