𝟎𝟔 | Inundated

And to my lovely readers, I love y'all so much❤️

Isn't it lovely, all alone. Heart made of glass, my mind of stone...
Lovely: Billie Eilish ft Khalid.

~Not edited!~

******
Recap: Aramide found Derek her cousin, unconscious around the early hours of the morning.
******

"WHERE IS MY SON?!" That is the welcoming voice of Onome immediately she steps her feet on the luscicous cream tiles of the hospital. As at the time of the fainting uproar, the head of the mansion's security contacted my Uncle and his wife who took immediate flight with the family's private jet back from Spain just to arrive few minutes ago. Cheryl came in the same time with her parents, followed by four hefty bodyguards.

"Madam please stop creating a scene and have a seat." The nurse on immaculate white uniform replies boredly and rolls her eyes while working on the files before her. I sigh and pity the nurse for trying to ignore my aunty. If only she knew.

"IYA WEREY!" She thunders back in Yoruba and grabs the nurse's collar. "IF YOU REPEAT THAT NONSENSE AGAIN BÏTCH, I'LL SHOVE MY FOOT DOWN YOUR UNFORTUNATE MOUTH." The poor nurse flinches at my Aunty's outburst. Clearly, she was not expecting my aunty to attack her and I tell you Onome is quite the feisty one. If the situation was not a sad one, I would have definitely laughed at my Aunty's threat and how the 'supposed' nurse reacted.

"Babe calm down. Our son is going to be okay." My uncle tries to calm Onome down as she finally releases her grip from the unfortunate nurse while Cheryl keeps pacing up and down. I guess they have not seen me yet. She shrugs his hands off her body, murmuring inaudible words with tears cascading down her face. My uncle sighs and whispers some words of comfort to his wife before advancing to the scared nurse.

"Please we are looking for a teenage boy that was brought here during the early hours of this morning." He says in his usual collected and calm tone. But I know deep down, he is trying to be strong. To be strong for the family and all, as the head of the home.

"Let m-me...check." The nurse replies with a stutter as she rummages through the files nervously. The other nurse who is manning the reception with her, swiftly jumps into action by assisting to seek information through the hospital intercoms. After some seconds she speaks up. "Sir you mean Derek Bolanle?"

"YESSS HIM!" My aunty replies as she shoots up to the nurse's direction, before my uncle can even respond.

"He was brought in by two men and a girl. Said they were expecting the parents soon." She frantically searches round the waiting room area and points to my direction when her eyes finally landed on me. I squirm on my seat as three pair of eyes rests on me. "Room 125 is his room sir." She adds. My uncle mutters a quick appreciation as they walk briskly towards my direction.

"Aramide are you okay?" My uncle asks with deep concern with Onome looking at me worriedly. Cheryl snickers by their side and her mother did not hesitate to smack her on the head.