𝟑𝟒 | Tricked

Chapter dedication: Tessy_Xo I love you so much girl! and oh, happy birthday💫 you've been a great friend Tess!

Sweetie, if you're ever going to be two-faced at least make one pretty.

Marilyn Monroe

"How many topics have you both been able to cover so far?"

"Over the weekend, we were able to touch the four most difficult topics he was finding hard to deal with. The rest would be treated with much ease now that I know his weakness and strength in Physics." My answer comes out crisp and sharp as I have exactly executed it in my mind to be. No stuttering or tension evident.

"Hm, not bad. Just ensure he gets them right because we can't let our golden boy to have an ill record." The Dean of Sciences says without looking up from her paperwork.

"Yes ma I will." I simply reply wondering why she didn't look up when she belted out her last instructions. After exiting the college of sciences in a whole, I am being greeted by the general body of students roaming around because classes just ended approximately ten minutes ago hence the freedom of everyone around the four corners of CIGs this late afternoon.

I walk the long distance of the science block, down to the senior student block where my classroom is being located after talking with the few people I could recognise during the course of my short-long walk. I stand at the foot of the stairs and moan out in pain, recalling I have to climb its extremely long and strainous fleet of stairs since the elevator is under temporary reconstruction.

I hate unnecessary stress this hot afternoon.

I finally make it, breathing like a person who ran a whole marathon race. On entering my class, some set of my classmates have formed a semi circle behind the class talking excitedly about the current hearsay fleeting round CIGs i-gist website. And for the first time in a long while, I feel elated that I am not the centre of their discussion both in the school's blog or within the school in a whole.

"Hey," I am momentarily startled by the second party of a person which eventually turns out to be Isoken. Hissing at my discovery, I sit down and give her the stink eye.

"Don't do that again abeg. Na small thing dey vex me." Instead of her to reply, she starts laughing all of a sudden.

"Wait, what came out of your mouth just now? Pidgin?" She rhetorically questions and I know she'll never let me down at my poor attempt in speaking pidgin English. I ignore her little mockery antics and search for where I placed my school bag.

"Oya sorry na. I just can't believe you lived in Warri your whole life and yet, you can't speak a proper and thick Warri pid..." She pauses when she notices the serious look that is now marring my face. "What are you looking for?"

"My...my school bag! I could have sworn I left it here." I mumble in the midst of my confusion.

"Are you sure?" Isoken queries and looks around my seat inquistively.

"Yes I am!" I almost yell out in frustration. I slump on my seat, trying to rethink my previous encounter of my bag. Jerry and the rest left earlier as usual, to catch up for thier recordings in the studio. So it is probably none of them especially Jerry who is capable of pranking me since he seats close to me in class. Apart from that, I doubt anyone would want to take my bag willingly.