𝟏𝟕 | Family get-together

Qhupid_247 for using the Triple-J and Tobias in her story❤️ Y'all should check her book,{Runways and Deception} likeee it's underrated for real.

PS: Hehe, you'll get to know some things about our dear Tobias there >3

Gif banner by Iyanuoluwa-Temi thanks girl ;-)

~Not edited!~

This has got to be the most infuriating long ass journey ever. Right now, my secondary-immediate family members and I are all seated in the latest Toyota Sienna, with Zion as the driver and a Toyota Hilux and Tundra filled with security personnels trailing behind us to Chief Bolanle's residence.

Uncle Tee sat down at the passengers seat speaking to someone through Skype, Onome and Cheryl sat at the middle while Derek and I are seating at the back seat.

And nobody is talking!

B.o.r.i.n.g - that's just it.

My face morphs into a smile when I reminisce on how the game ended on Saturday. I was taken aback when I saw Iwinosa because for one, I didn't think she would come to watch me play since we just became friends recently and boy was I excited when she kept smiling and telling me she owes me a gift for a good performance.

Yup. I love gifts so much.

And then uncle Tee and Onome came. I did not know how or when, but I cried at the locker room when I was changing. Simply because I felt overwhelmed with the love I was surrounded by with the new set of family and friends around me.

I've never been loved to an extent like this.

I scowl when I remember what I discovered also. We were so confused about Jamal having a lookalike...it felt too surrel and unreal. They both had to explain themselves after Kiki slapped Matthew mistakingly. The slap was meant for the jerk, Olamide. But it landed on Matthew instead. It was then I discovered I ratted out to the wrong person. Still, I know it was Jamal who ignored my greeting in the morning when I came.

Aggh damn you Jamal.

Why is he messing with my head like this? I hate how he almost made me to yell and cry but fortunately for my sanity, I held myself.

And Derek...speaking of Derek.

I turn my head swiftly to look at him and he is already staring at me with clear amusement. Immediately he knows that I caught him staring, his face goes blank as he stares out of his side window.

What is doing this cousin of mine?

I huff and cross my arms over my chest. I can't suffer this boring ride alone. Somebody must suffer it with me...and the best candidate is Derek who is not in talking terms with me...but well, damn all consequences. I turn my head 90° and stare at him again. This time, he is bobbing his head in a rhythmic pattern as his headphone is currently over both ears and I am damn sure he is listening to a Burna boy music.