Prologue

Brittany inhaled the warm August air as she scanned her eyes along the building of her new home. 1287 Rivera St, she read on the weathered, steel sign that sat above the rusted doors.

"You nervous?" Tina asked as her eyes met Brittany's.

She has been one of Brittany's best friends ever since the blonde's sophomore year when she became Brittany's tutor, even though Tina was a year younger. Without her, Brittany would've never believed in herself enough to work harder in school and graduate, albeit one year later than everyone else her age, then turning out to be a mathematical genius.

"A bit," Brittany sighed out. "Okay, maybe more than a bit."

"Don't be nervous," Quinn smiled confidently, as she rubbed Britany's shoulders.

Quinn had known Brittany since they were both 5 years old, when Quinn moved into the other blonde's neighborhood. They had been best friends ever since.

"You got this, Britt." Quinn told the girl. "You're chasing your dreams. No more solving obscure equations at MIT."

Brittany had been studying at MIT for a year after graduating from William McKinley back home in Ohio before building up enough courage to chase her dream of going to Juilliard for her passion. Dance.

"Now let's go unload the truck," Tina clapped her hands together.

XxXx