📷CHAPTER EIGHTEEN📷

That afternoon, Mr. Wright had requested that Junior come with Amanda to the family house. It was an unnecessary request, but Junior couldn’t tell why his father wanted her there and what game his father was playing. And as things were, he chose not to question his father. A part of him liked that they were going o be together but another part of him didn't want to drag her into his family mess.

Just as he approached his car with Amanda, he heard a female voice calling out his name and just then, he recognized it.

“Junior!” The lady called again.

He turned to see who it was; it was Sarah standing in the parking lot. She called his name one more time before walking closer to where he was

“Hey Sarah.” He voiced out, surprised to see her there.

Sarah! Amanda echoed in her head. She could finally put a face to the name.

She saw Sarah walk closer to Wright Junior, placing one hand on his and all she could see was a girl in love. Then, she wondered why Junior said she wasn’t his Girlfriend and why Mr. Wright senior had asked her to get rid of her.

Her mind traveled back to the conversation she had with Mr. Wright when he sent for her to his office and she could remember him saying;  “You have kept me in a tight position but I’ll let this go if you do something for me.”

“If it’s within my power sir, I won’t hesitate to do it.” She had replied.

“It is within you power otherwise, I won’t be asking it of you.” He clarified.

“May I know what it is, sir?” She then asked politely.

“For some time now you have been working close to my son, have you heard about any lady named Sarah?” He asked curiously.

“She called the office once, she was supposed to be on a date with Wright Junior.” She informed. Amanda wondered why Mr. Wright was so interested in his son affairs but, she refrained from asking anything else.

“Hmm, she has been with my son for a year now and I don’t approve of her. Find a way to put them apart.”

It wasn't her business, how could she interfere? “But how—"

“Find a way and you can keep your Job here.” He ordered.

Was that not the most hilarious thing Amanda had ever heard in her life?  ‘Keep my job’ To her,  this 'job' was just a break that she could choose to break out from at any time. But at that moment,  she replied nothing but smile.

Amanda returned to reality rather confused. She couldn’t tell if she was going to obey Mr. Wright because she wants to keep her 'Job' which she obviously never needed to or, because she liked Junior.

“Like father like son. How on earth am I supposed to pull this off?” She asked her inner self who of course was of no help.

“What are you doing here, Sarah?” Junior asked. She heard Junior ask the pretty, tall blonde.

“Should I have a reason to come see my man?” Sarah asked rhetorically, moving her hands on his “I miss you.” She voiced, calmly.