Beware! Oh, Beware!

A/N: I wanted to provide a little background on this poem before you read it. This poem was inspired by a couple of different scenes from the second book of Andrew Peterson's The Wingfeather Saga. It is written from the point of view of the sea dragons and it inspired by the scene where the children are watching the dragons from the cliff after crossing Miller's Bridge (I gave no spoilers!) and Janner hears Yurgen (the old dragon) say "He is near you. Beware. He destroys what he touches and seeks the young ones to use them for his own ends" (North! Or Be Eaten, 70). This poem is also inspired by the end of that book when the Wingfeathers are on the Enramere and the sea dragons emerge to get revenge on Scale Raker (no spoilers again!).

So to those of you who have not read The Wingfeather Saga, I highly recommend it and encourage you to read the whole series! Now, without further ado, here is the poem...

. . . . . . . . . .

Beware! Oh, Beware!
A dark shadow has threatened our care.
He roamed the Dark Sea
From one edge to the other.
This man has ignored our plea.

Beware! Oh, Beware!
The dark shadow rides neither donkey nor mare,
He sails bringing terror to the Sea.
From one edge to the other,
This man does nothing to please.

Beware! Oh, Beware!
This dark shadow has slaughtered our care.
He ravaged the Dark Sea
From one edge to the other.
This man, Scale Raker he be.

. . . . . . . . . .

~ Written on Friday, August 21st, 2020 ~

. . . . . . . . . .

"Yurgen's Tune" sung by The Arcadian Wild

A/N: One last comment...lol! To those of you who have read The Wingfeather Saga, have you checked out the updated website yet?? If so, what do you think of it?? I think it is amazingly beautiful!!!

Okay, I am finished now...lol!!