Chapter 15

Asher paced around Evangeline's room. Charlotte had told him everything that had happened. And although Charlotte couldn't see Asher, she knew he was probably pacing around like a lunatic. 

"I knew there was something wrong with that Ethan kid. He sounded like he knew too much, and he also sounded like an asshole."

"There's no way we could have known he knew she could talk to ghosts, it isn't anyone's fault Asher."

"Well, it feels like my fault. Evangeline's been taken because she can talk to ghosts. Because she can talk to me."

"Ok so what do we do?" Charlotte questioned. She had no idea what to do, hell she literally just learned that ghosts exist.

"I'm not sure. I've never exactly dealt with this kind of thing before." she could hear his sharp tone, and she swatted the air, pretending to hit him, even though she physically couldn't and he was across the room.

"Listen, neither have I. So don't give me any tude'. Do you know any ghost people who can help?" She heard the intake of his breath.

"Yeah, Charlotte give me like two minutes, I'll be right back."

"What. Where the hell do you think you're going?"

"To find Sarah." She didn't reply, knowing that he had already left the room. She waited patiently on Evangeline's bed for his return. Asher came back with Sarah to find Charlotte passed out on Evangeline's bed. 

"CHARLOTTE. Are you seriously sleeping right now?" She jerked awake and looked around at her surroundings, and remembering what she was doing.

"Sorry. Your two minutes turned into like a half an hour. What did you expect me to do?

"Uhhh I don't know, how about check your phone and try and figure things out?" She made no response to what he said, knowing that he was right. Sarah piped into the conversation.

"Ok, so I did some research talking with others like us, and I think I have a place we can check. It's not on any map, because government duh... but the person I talked to said to look for specific landmarks. I've got them memorized in my head. You should of seen the lady I was talking to, damn she was old. She looked like she was gonna drop dead any moment. Get it. Drop dead. Because we're already de-" Sarah was cut off by Asher. 

"Sarah, I know you're trying to make the situation happier, but we really need to get going." Sarah closed her mouth and nodded. Charlotte spoke up.

"Well if we're gonna leave, we need to do it now. God even knows what's happening to her right now."

"I agree. Charlotte I assume you'll be driving, because obviously neither of us can" Asher said. Charlotte took her keys out of her bag. 

"Let's get going," she said. Charlotte walked down the stairs and out to her car, assuming both of them were following her. She got into the driver's seat and turned the ignition. "Alright, is everyone in the car?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Double yes. Also I'm in the passenger seat" Sarah said. Charlotte nodded and started driving. 

"Sarah I'll need you for directions obviously."

"Yeah ok I got you. RIGHT HERE" Sarah practically yelled. Charlotte made a quick right.

"Maybe give me a warning a few seconds before I have to turn," Charlotte said. Asher laughed, and spoke up again. 

"OK, Charlotte, since you're obviously alive, you're on the top of the safety list here. Me and Sarah can get in the building no sweat. For you it's gonna be more difficult."