Chapter 17

Walking up to the building was the easiest part for Charlotte. It was already dark out, and she had picked the right day to wear dark clothes. She crouched low and sprinted towards the building. There were a few bushes in front of the building, and she ducked behind those. Before the gang had taken off to do their jobs, Charlotte thought of a different plan and told the others. That's how she found herself fully sprinting towards the two security guards at the building's entrance. She tried to make herself look as rugged as possible. She stopped in front of the guards, who had their guns ready at their sides.

"HELP! PLEASE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME," she screamed. She tried to do her best at being an actress, and she was able to make tears stream down her eyes. "Help me please. Two people have been chasing me. They both had guns and they were shooting at me."She took notice of the keycards they had strapped to the front of their uniforms. The one guard spoke out of the two, who looked older and had a stone like face.

"Listen kid. This isn't really our fight. Call the police or something, that's what they meant for." The second guard looked at the first.

"Joe, she's just a kid. We can't just not help her. Hey what's your name?" he asked, turning back to Charlotte.

"My name is Charlotte. Please. I just need you to keep me safe. I haven't exactly had time to call the police since I've been running for my life." She glared at the one guard, Joe. Joe shrugged, speaking lowly.

"Fine. Whatever. Noah if something goes wrong it's your fault."

"Alright kid, just hang tight then I guess. Call the police. We will keep you safe," Noah said.

"Can I go inside maybe? Just to be safe. I'm terrified out here." The meaner guard Joe shook his head.

"No one is allowed in the building besides the people that work here."

"But it's ok," Noah added in, "we will protect you. We have weapons too." Charlotte wiped the fake tears off her face. She walked over to the nicer guard, Noah, and gave him a hug.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Charlotte took out her phone and pretended to start dialing 911. Suddenly the guards and Charlotte heard a person yelling.

"OHHHH CHARLOTTE. COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!" Charlotte shrieked, and hid behind Noah and Joe, pressing her back to the doors.

"That's them. The ones trying to kill me." The voices got louder, and Joe and Noah raised their guns, looking around the area. The voices kept getting closer, but the two guards could not see a single person in sight.

"Joe, where are they? I don't see anyone."

"Noah shut the hell up I can't hear anything. And I don't know where they are either." They both repositioned their weapons, ready to shoot if necessary.

"Hey guardssss, we're right in front of you, you don't see us?"

"Asher, I don't think they can see us, how strange."

"You know Sarah, maybe they need to get their eyes checked out." The voices were right in front of the guards, yet they couldnt see a single soul. Joe fired his weapon.

"Sarah, I've never been hit by a bullet before, this feels strange." Joe screamed. He saw his own keycard being ripped off his body. The keycard floated around them, and landed in Charlotte's hands. She smiled at them, and swiped the one keycard, opening the door.

"Thanks boys. It's been fun." She closed the door. Noah and Joe tried opening it, but it was pointless without a keycard. "Asher, Sarah you with me?"

"Yeah we're here. Nice performance Charlotte. The tears really sold it," Sarah said.

"Likewise, and Asher, you really do sound like a serial killer when you're screaming. It was terrifying." He laughed. They looked at the inside of the building. There were two hallways.