Chapter 3- Curses

THIRD P.O.V

"When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" Remus asks. 

"Three sir," Hermione says. 

"And they are so named?" Remus says. 

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any of those curses can lead you a one-way ticket to Azkaban." Clara says

"Correct! Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you up against, you need to be prepared." Remus says turning his back.

"You need to find somewhere else to put you chewing gum other than under the desk Mr Finnigan!" Remus yelled. Clara looks at him suspiciously. "What little girl?" He says looking at her. Clara shakes her head. "Nothing," Clara says. 

"So, which shall we see first? WEASLEY!" Remus asks. 

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The imperious curse," Ron says. 

"Yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a grief a few years ago. I'll show you why," Remus says. 

Why would Remus know about that? Clara thought. He pops open a jar with a spider in it. Remus uses his wand to send it around the classroom. Some people screamed. "Don't worry completely harmless," Remus says. "But if she bites... It's lethal!" He told us. Draco laughs. 

"What are you laughing at?" Remus asked him. He sends the spider on to Draco's face. Draco yells "Get it off me!" Clara bursts out laughing. Remus sends into to Clara. She fall's off her chair which only makes her laugh harder. "You're crazy!" Draco exclaims to the laughing Clara. 

Once Clara had calmed down the lesson carried on. Remus asks Neville to name another. "T-the cruciatus curse" He says stuttering

"Correct! The touture curse!" Remus says. He begins the touture process. The spider screeches in pain. "Stop! Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him," Hermione yelled. Remus stops. He picks up the spider and puts it on Hermione's book. "Maybe you can give us the last unforgivable curse, miss Granger," Remus says. Hermione shakes her head. He casts the last forbidden curse and the spider dies instantly. Clara couldn't believe her eyes. The Remus she knew refused to hurt a fly never mind use the three unforgivable spells. 

"The killing curse. Only two people are known to have survive it. And their in this room." He says

"Two?" Clara aks. Remus nods. "Who?" Draco asks. 

"Mr Potter and Miss Black," He says. 

"Me?" Clara says. "How?" she asks 

"You were there, the night Lily and James Potter died." Clara looks at Harry in disbelief.