Chapter 8- Dancing with Angels

CLARA'S POV

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since it's inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost....a dance," McGonagall says. 

Groans emerge from the guys. The girls seem more excited. I wasn't that bothered. 

"Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons" McGonagall says. 

"Now, to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl is a secret swan slumber longing to burst forth and take flight," McGonagall says. 

We were all sat watching Ron and Professor McGonagall dance. George and Fred are so gonna annoy Ron with this. They make wolf whistles. 

"Everybody come together," 

No one stands. After a few seconds, I stand up. I happen to stand up at the same time as George. I blush. "Excellent!  Mr Wealsey and Miss Black show us what you've got," McGonagall says. I gulp. Music starts playing. 

(How they dance, ignore the last minute! Just those two dancing together!!)

The music stops. Everyone applauds. "Marvelous! Absolutely Marvelous!" McGonagall says clapping. "Clara Black," George starts. I raise an eyebrow. "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" He asks. People gasp. I smile. "Of course!" I say.