Chapter 7- Rita Skeeter

CLARA'S POV

It was lunch and I was late. I storm into the Great Hall grabbing everyone's attention. "You need to stop stomping!" Draco says. I hold my hand up to silence him. "Look at this!" I say pointing to the daily prophet. " I told her not too!" I exclaim.

"Miss Black and Mr potter seem to take an interest in each other, students have also noticed this. Sneaking off after lessons. The ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous Wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than George Weasley a student at Hogwarts. No word yet on how Mr potter taking this emotional blow!" I read. I sigh.

"We'll talk to her!" Fleur and Viktor say. Over the days Viktor, Fleur and I have become good friends. "Really?" I ask. They both nod. "You guys are amazing. Thank you!" I exclaim. Nigel walks-up holding two packages.

"A parcel for you Mr Weasley," Nigel told him. He gives Ron a parcel. "Thanks," He says

"And for you Miss Black," He says holding out the other. "Thank you, Nigel!" I say smiling.

Nigel gazes at Harry. "Not now Nigel, later, go on," Ron whispers. Nigel leaves. Harry raises an eyebrow asking Ron to explain. Ron explains how he promised Nigel that he'd get an autograph from Harry.

"Oh look, mum's sent me a....dress," Ron questioned after opening his gift.

"well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry says. He rummages through the package. "Aha," He says holding up a bonnet. I start to laugh uncontrollably to the point I get hiccups.

"Ginny, these must be for you!" Ron told her.

"I'm not wearing that! That's ghastly!" She says. Hermione giggles.

"They're dress robes, Ron! For you to wear at the Yule Ball!" I say in between hiccups.

"Open your package!" Hermione says loudly. Eyes turn to me. Nigel walks in. He hands me another package and walks off. "Well? Open them!" Hermione rushes me.

I quickly open the smaller package. Sparkles pop out. I scream. Swear my dad's gonna give me a heart attack soon. I read the note. 'This was your mother's. She wore it to her first dance' I knew it was from my dad.

I open the slightly bigger package. I gasp. "Omg, he did not!" I say. "Who?" Harry asks. "Sirius, he found my mums dress," I say. I hold it up

I hold up the necklace

I smile. "Woah..." George says.

"What?" I say looking back at him.

"That's gonna look really good on you," George breathes. I blush. I put the dress back into the box.