o. prologue

———— | SABRINA |————never be so kind,you forget to be clever

————
| SABRINA |
————
never be so kind,
you forget to be clever.

ZERO - prologue
‧₊˚✩彡. 🕊🤍👼🏼

——

appetence
/ˈapɪt(ə)nsi/

(n.) an eager desire, an instinctive inclination; an attraction or a natural bond.

——

                          APPETENCE. It looked pretty on paper but, as with most things, was much more soul-crushing when experienced.

Sabrina had never looked at anyone the way she looked at Theodore. She had watched his cheeks become flushed whilst he kicked around a football in his backyard, seen the single tear fall down his cheek when his dad left, wrapped up his bleeding hand after he got into fight with a kid for making fun of his brother. Sabrina had watch Theodore grow up.

She'd grown up right next door, hidden behind the safety of her bedroom curtain.

They rarely interacted, except when sometimes at school he would smile at her as he passed her locker or once he apologised for accidentally kicking his soccer ball over the fence into her house.

Sabrina supposed their distance was due to their complete lack of similar interests. She preferred fictional characters to the people around her, curling up in the safety of her room with a book and escaping reality. Theodore, on the other hand was all play. The older he got, the more girls would come home with him each night. He was talented at every sport he played and it wasn't a party until Teddy arrived.

Theodore was perfect.

Sabrina had created her own version of Theo, an impossible expectation of the golden boy.

That's the problem with appetence. It is a blinding agent.

And so, on the flight home from Paris, Sabrina stared out the window, wondering how much had changed in the six years she'd been gone.

————
| SABRINA |
————
ZERO - prologue
‧₊˚✩彡. 🕊🤍👼🏼

 🕊🤍👼🏼