Ch 1

MONDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2012

It had been exactly one year since his wifes death.His daughter had seen the date also and wanted to stay home with her father which he allowed her to take day off.

She'd basically stayed in bed all morning until her Uncle Kevin came to spend the day with them.

Currently they were at her grave putting pink daisys on her grave just like she liked them.

He didn't want to forget her so he kept the ring on at all times.His daughter asked to go to the station he wanted to go home but went with Kevin to the station.

Pitty looks were given by everyone he just went to the locker room to see Officer Kim Burgess on the ground leaning next to her locker he went and sat with her.

She cried onto his shoulder silently.They'd done this the past few months she cried onto his shoulder after a tough day.He'd feel the ache in his chest and be drawn to the locker room.

He combed through her hair and asked:What's wrong princess?

Kim:Nothing.

Adam:You don't cry for nothing?

Kim:Fine.There was a kid five years old a girl i found her bound up in her parents bedrooms closet.It was so bad then i thought about my childhood.
I survived had a chance to escape and that girl didn't live to see her chance.

He wiped her tears and said:You were abused by your parents?

Kim nodded and said:Mom and Dad had me and my identical twin sister i was older by twenty minutes.My parents never told anyone about me they hated me.I went to school one day the bad boy he noticed the bruises and scars his father was a cop they took me in.They both died.

Adam:Your sister?

Kim:My sister was praised constantly i'd get straight A's just like her and also do extra credit i was never good enought.I'm never good-

Adam:Don't finish that sentence of princess.You got top of your academy class nobody in intelligence has ever gotten first.Your sister is she a cop?

Kim:Dective after two weeks on the force which i don't care about you were pulled out the academy two weeks early i remenber Atawater telling me.

Adam nodded and said:That's correct Al picked me.

Kim noticed the date and said:I know a hundred people have asked this already but how are you and the little one doing?

Adam:It's okay your just worried.I miss her.I miss her like crazy.We were highschool sweethearts.We got married at twenty five she was only three months pregnat with Ashely she gave birth to our daughter.It felt like it was just yesterday were giving birth and know she's gone.Ashely was four when it happened she remenbers it all  but damm that kid shes good at hiding her feelings.

Kim:Reminds me of someone i know.

Adam:Who?

Kim:You.You try hiding your emotions of sadness and pain or anxienty when your daughters not in your sight.Like right know your biting the inside of your cheek.

She got up holding her hand out to him helping him get up and said:Let's go and see if she's alright i haven't seen her yet.

Adam:How'd you know i was biting my cheek?

Kim:I was a quiet and observant kid i know how to see these things.

He grabbed her hand got up and said:All i see is blood.

Kim:Guessing from Atawater told me i was lucky not to be there right?

Adam:Yeah lucky not to see my wifes body mutilated and a four year old girl crying her eyes out.