4

Gibbs was shocked. What did that mean, she knew who planted the bomb. He could never imagine she had anything to do with it. Not her. 

"I think it was Tommy Dean," she said confidently. 

"Why him of all people?" Gibbs asked. "He's suffering from delusions." 

"No, Jethro, it's all an act, I found a piece of evidence and in four days I'm supposed to testify against him."

 Gibbs squeezed her hand again as a farewell gift and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. He stomped furiously out of the hospital and made his way to the office. He was going to take that bastard down himself, that was for sure. On the way to the office he raced back to his typical Gibbs style. Ziva would be jealous of his driving style.

Arriving at the office he said only two words "Tommy Dean". Everyone looked at him in amazement and he gave a headslap to the one standing closest. Poor Torres. McGee was the first to understand what it meant and projected an image of Dean onto the monitor. 

"Thomas 'Tommy' Dean, 36 years old, is currently in a psychiatric hospital, medium security," McGee said. 

"What do we want from him?" 

"He suffered from hallucinations while driving and accidentally hit a man." 

"Listen, Ellie, what if Jack had found evidence that this man was mentally stable and it was murder?"

Everyone looked at Gibbs in amazement. 

"I guess that's called motive," Torres said.

"Torres, McGee, you get that bastard here. Ellie find out everything there is to find on him. I want everything. When he was a kid, did he prefer hot milk or cold milk? Go!" 

Gibbs headed back to the hospital. He didn't want to leave Sloane alone for so long. Before the hospital, he bought her a bouquet of flowers. The room looked so empty. He was sure she would be happy. He quietly entered the room where she was lying and put the flowers in a vase. She slept so peacefully. He carefully took her hand so as not to wake her up. For several minutes he just sat there and watched her sleep.