8

How was that possible? Was Gibbs really just imagining all this? Who would do such a thing to him? Jethro was pacing back and forth in his house. He was thinking hard. Six hours.
What could have happened in that time? 

He couldn't figure it out. Had these people given him a serum that made him forget everything that had happened in that time or was he going completely crazy? He couldn't say.
Maybe he suffered from PTSD because of the bombing. One possibility would definitely be that, but it still doesn't explain where he had been in those six hours. Gibbs felt terrible and therefore tried to sleep for two more hours.

He arrived at the office at 5 o'clock. To his amazement, McGee and Vance were already there. Where were Torres and Bishop? Gibbs knew that he was too hard on them.
They did not have to be here for 90 minutes. When Vance spotted him, he called Gibbs to his office immediately. Jethro knew what would happen next. He would be taken off the case; he was in too deep. 

"Listen Gibbs...," Vance started, but Jethro interrupted him. 

"I know I'm too close." Leon looked at him with pity. 

"Please take three days off. Top brass is already considering suspending you for severe mental stress."

Gibbs was shocked. He knew that it was strange that he had seen blood in his apartment and that the evidence was gone, but he was still far from psychotic. Was he? He nodded and walked out the office. He'll find Jack himself. But where? Gibbs get lost in thougs.
Why a red mask? It had to be a message. But to whom? Gibbs walked toward the open-plan office. 

"McGee, I need to know everything about a red mask."

"Boss, what do you mean, 'red mask'?", Timothy asked, confused.

"I mean, whether a person or a gang uses red masks as a trademark for robbery or murder." 

"Sorry about the leave of absence, boss. I believe you, of course, and will keep you posted."

Gibbs nodded at McGee and headed for the elevator. Strange. Someone had pulled the emergency switch. What was the meaning of that? He could have imagined it because there was no trace of Ellie and Nick. He grinned and took the stairs to get to the phatology. He simply had to ask Ducky for his opinion of Dean.

Did his long-time friend also think that Tommy was mentally disturbed or did he trust Sloane's judgment? When Ducky saw him in front of the phatology department, he immediately came running to Gibbs. 

"What's wrong?" the phatologist asks.

"What do you think about Tommy Dean?", asked Jethro.

"Dean is the deranged man you interrogate the day before yesterday, isn't he?"

"Hmm." Gibbs was disappointed.

Why did no one believe Sloane? He just knew she was right. 

"Yeah, right, thanks, Duck."

The special agent finally made his way home. He wanted to find the bastards who were holding Sloane. Tired from the exhausting night, Gibbs got into his car and drove off. He was just thinking about what the mask could mean when his cell phone rang on cue. It was McGee and he was visibly nervous.

"Hey, McGee, what's up?"

"Boss, I don't know what this means, but the gang is called 'gotcha'. What do that mean, we got you?" McGee was startled to hear a loud crash on the other end of the phone.

"Boss, Boss!" 

Tim screamed into his cell phone, terrified, but no one answered. Gibbs could not answer at all. He was forced off the road with a car and was now unconscious in the smoking vehicle.