Chapter 13

Warning : murder description

You woke up, you where pulled into Hannibal tightly, your leg over his, your face was nuzzled into his neck and body pressed against his. You feel Hannibal's warm breath hitting your hair.

"Good morning my dear" he said, gently letting you go.

You yawn gently and get up from the bed, getting dressed you look back at him.

"Do you think, uh, we could go out for a walk?" you ask. "Would it be safe?"

Hannibal looked at you, "yes you are quite safe. Before breakfast?" he asks and you nod.

It was still a little dark and putting on a coat he takes your arm. Opening the door you walk out of the door onto?

You scream, scrabbling back into the passage you put your hands over your eyes and start moaning in fear.

There in the doorstep laid Matt, dirt and blood encrusted him and he had started to rot.

Hannibal came up to you and swept you into his arms, shutting the door he put you down on the couch.

"Hello, yes Jack. The chesapeake ripper has struck again. Yes yes" he stroked your hair as you cowered into the sofa. "Yes, it is my house, and I am sure you will bring will. Tell him her sister needs support"

Hannibal put the phone down and stroked your chin. "open your eyes" he whispered.

Your eyes flutter open, you had great fear, not properly understanding what you had saw.

"what did you see?" he asked.

You shake your head and he takes your face "What did you see?" he asked again.

"Matt... Dead, I-I" you shake your head and put your hands over your eyes.

You hear sirens and the police taking down the door.

"(y/n)?" You hear and Will knelt down next to you "(y/n), can you hear me?"

"She is in shock" Hannibal said as you shook gently.

"It was Matt, her ex. He had disappeared so called me for help. I of course offered her to stay with me. She was going through paranoia and ptsd so I am glad she came to me for help."

"The ripper must have known (y/n) was here"

"We did go back to her home, to get Necessities" Hannibal said looking down at you "She said that there was a note, I know you have gone. But I'll be back. We should carry on this conversation later" he stroked your hair and chin with one hand as you laid there.

Will stood and did his thing outside, seeing what happened as you cried into the pillow. He picks you up and held you in his arms. "Come on dear" he said "I will make some tea. Come on, open your eyes"

Slowly you open them and stare into Hannibal's face. "Come on"

You shakily stand and rub your arms, looking out the door you see police looking over the body, and going closer to it you look at it, shaking. His throat had been impaled and a large jagged cut was on his chest and his heart had been removed, like it had been ripped out of him and inside where the heart was there was dirt. Maggots and plants on the body, the hair matted with blood and dirt.

"Come away now" Hannibal said wrapping his hands around your waist. "come away from it"

"I want to see" you mumbled "Please let me see".

Hannibal let go of you and, kneeling down you stared at your ex boyfriend.

He had been stripped and his dick cut off, seeing further it had been stuffed into his mouth which was slightly open which had maggots in as well as his penis.

"Who would do this?" you ask

"chesapeake ripper" Hannibal said "But what I have seen, photos of the ripper's bodies, this is different". You think. "This is passionate, angry. He wanted to hurt him, badly. However killed matt also wanted to get at me" you say finally in a whisper.

Hannibal smirks behind you, you had cracked the case. In way.

"Your good" one of the officers said "Have you considered joining the cia?"

"She's not" Both will and Hannibal said together and the officer looked up.

"will would stay for dinner" Hannibal said suddenly

"I wouldn't be much good company..." he said.

"nonsense. I would love for you to stay. I haven't seen you for so long. It would also be good to." you looked down at the body. Talking through his death helped you but still you where still in shock.

"Then okay" will said. He looked at hannibal who was looking tenderly down at you