33. Vaults

The duo lands on the top of the truck, alien tech again mixed with regular tech is being used to create a form of portal to enter the truck without damaging it

The duo lands on the top of the truck, alien tech again mixed with regular tech is being used to create a form of portal to enter the truck without damaging it. "Whoa, cool. It's like some kind of matter phase shifter." Peter mutters in amazement. Becca nods in agreement and they back up to wait for the man who dropped them before to come back out. When he does come out moments later, Peter and Becca are prepared. Peter shoots out a web that latches onto the bag of items the thief had taken. The teenager yanks it out of his grasp and Becca catches it. "Hey, Big Bird! This doesn't belong to you." He shouts but when the man turns around, all Becca and Peter see is his piercing green eyes through the goggles he wears.

"Benji." Becca mutters in panic as the Vulture man jumps back into his wings. He dives for the duo but both leap over the man swiftly. Becca grabs two of her electrical discs and throws them against the wings, hoping they'd cause it to malfunction even just a little bit. But with the alien tech combined, it doesn't.

Peter sees Becca struggling and he shoots out a web but it goes through the motor of the Vulture's mechanical wing, "Suit lady, what was that?!" Peter screams and his voice cracks briefly in fear.

"You told me to choose." Suit lady response in defense of herself.

The Vulture lunges for Peter and as he dodges the thief. Becca panics, seeing her boyfriend struggling against Vulture. "Miss ghosty, change his suit settings back to normal." She tells the AI quickly as the duo grabs onto something else the Vulture had taken. Then Peter's suit settings are changed, the teenager stumbles into Becca and they tumble into the open portal of inside the truck. The girl hitting her stomach and head roughly against the crates containing different weapon pieces.

Becca coughs as she tries to stand but gasps when she watches Peter jump up to exit the truck bed but violently hits his head on the ceiling of the roof and colliding harshly onto Becca, effectively knocking the two of them out.

The jostling of the truck bed wakes the young couple. Peter groans as he lifts his head up slightly to take in their surroundings, "Oh, my head." He grumbles but then sees Becca laying against him, stirring softly as she is trying to wake up.