Chapter 14

The next day (Friday)

Aizawa's POV
"What do you mean she is going up for adoption? She isn't anywhere near ready yet!" How could they do this to me? Why would they do this to her?

"I'm sorry Mr. Aizawa but we have already put this off longer than we are legally allowed to technically speaking. Eri is now adoptable in our system." The woman on the other end of the phone sounded sincere at least in that. Her voice softened before she continued. "However we do have her listed on our top candidate list, so only those who have gone through the highest security protocols would be able to adopt her and we have obtained permission to allow her to stay with you as a foster parent until her adoption goes through, if someone comes to adopt her at all that is."

My heart was racing as I started to panic, "Why can't I adopt her? I'm married and I'm in a steady relationship and we are heros as well as a teachers at UA!"

"I'm sorry, if you were both either high profile heros or both undercover heros we could approve it but you just pose to high of a risk for the child's safety. I'm sorry but you do not qualify. At least not while she is so young." Her polite response was heartbreaking. It feels like my heart was being ripped from my chest as if the words she spoke were a rusty dagger carving out one of the few things I hold dear. They are going to take my sweet little Eri away from me and there was nothing I could do about it.

The call ended and I went to find him; Yamada Hizashi, my husband, Present Mic.

Deku's POV
I had to hurry I was supposed to meet Kacchan for our movie night, date night in his room. He had stayed behind to set up snacks and drinks as well as the movie, The Rise of All Might. Yeah we have seen it like a million times but we still liked it and that's all that really matters. I came to a sliding stop in front of the teachers lounge when I heard crying making me freeze, my hand hanging in the air as if to knock still.

"Yamada! They put her up for adoption and they won't let us adopt her. They said we are too high risk because you're a high profile hero and I'm undercover hero! They said if we were both one or the other it would have been fine but not one of each!" I have never heard Eraserhead talk so much before in my life and I have never heard him cry. I didn't even know he was trying to adopt.

"Their taking Eri away from us?" I hear Present Mic ask him, for once he was quiet and that told me everything I needed to know. I sent a text to Kacchan telling him something came up and to get dressed in something nice. I would be there in a minute. Once he responded with 'K.' I knocked on the door as if I just got there.

Eraserhead answered the door his dark eye circles even more pronounced than usual but considering I just heard him crying that made sense.

"Eraserhead, Kacchan and I need permission to go home tonight for this weekend. We are finally going to tell our parents about us," I laugh nervously. It wasn't a lie, it's just that Kacchan didn't know it yet.

"Fine, don't start problems." He sighed and he actually gave me a small smile while handing me the required permission slips. "Remember that your class and teachers support you, do you understand?" He held my gaze refusing to release the slips of paper in my hand until I smiled thanking him.

"Thank you, Mr. Aizawa you are the best teacher ever." I meant it too. He released the permission slips and I couldn't help myself, I gave him a big hug. "You have no idea what it means to me." A tear slips free and I hurried to wipe it away getting a pat on the shoulder from him before I run out of the room.

The door hasn't shut yet when I hear Present Mic tell him he really was a good teacher and the people at the adoption center didn't know what they were talking about, high risk or not. Then the door closed sealing off whatever else was said as I ran to the front doors.