Chapter 23

A/N Okay I know it's been a while but hear me out. I got a new phone and it's nice but I'm having issues transferring all the chapters I already had ready so yeah. I mean I wrote all of my stories on my phone so I just have a few kinks to work out. *hehe* kinks. Now I'm laughing. Enjoy the chapter my people.

Bakugo's POV
"Dance?" I ask only to have Deku explain that there was a dance tonight at school and his face was holding what looked like a permanent blush when he explains that he didn't know until just before I got there. Honestly it was cute seeing him stumble over his words again. Now that I think about it we haven't really gone on a real date yet have we?

The more I think about it the worse it gets. We have NEVER been on a date! We have been an official couple for a couple months now and we have never been on a date! What kind of boyfriend am I even? We have spent so much time together and with everything going on with Red and Eri, I just didn't notice.

Yeah we wanted to keep ourselves private but that is still insane. We could have still gone out just the two of us. Dad and the old hag would have been happy to watch Eri for us, hell even Eraserhead has happily taken her without waiting to hear why, not even caring so long as he got to have her.

"We've never been on a date," my words would have been almost silent if not for the awkward silence we were currently in.

"Wait what? Yeah we have we..." Deku started frowning until realization dawned on him as well. "We have never been on a date." The look of absolute panic flashed on his features before he turned to me and before he could say anything more I spoke up.

"I'm a terrible boyfriend. Why didn't I ever notice? All the date like things we have done have been with either Eri or the whole family." I couldn't help the self loathing from creeping into my voice.

"No, I'm terrible. I should have noticed we could have easily gone out so many times but I was always getting distracted with something or another. I'm so sorry Kacchan!"

I looked at Deku and the same thought must have crossed his mind as it did mine because we both started laughing at ourselves at the same time. When we were finally done I looked up at him and smiled, "So what do you say? Will you be my date tonight? Even if the whole school finds out about us?"

He smiled his 100 watt smile before answering, "I would say yes, but now I want to tell the whole world that you are mine." I smile at that, great so we are actually doing this. I don't think the world is ready for us but who the fuck cares? Zuki is mine and it is about time the world knows it.

***

Deku and I had gotten ready in separate rooms and I was just getting to his room, the pony tail chick was more than happy to help me out with flowers. I didn't realize how much she loves us being together but she nearly jumped at the chance to make them for me to give him. She was surprised to find out I wanted to give him tiger lilies and carnations. I stood at the door for only a second before knocking on the door. It was almost like he was waiting on the knock because it swung open as if it was waiting for it. I stood there seeing Deku in nearly the same outfit as when we took Red out to dinner the main difference being that instead of a jacket he was wearing just a dark green vest. Damn he looked good, I swear I could still see the way his muscles moved from under his clothes. I force myself to swallow before giving the man of my dreams the flowers I brought. The way his face lit up when he took them only made me want to figure what pony tail's real name is and thank her.

"Oh I know!" Deku ran back into the room and, curious, I followed him. I watch as he takes two carnations and two lilies a bit of green and red cloth and uses a pin to stick them to our chest. I can't help smiling, it's such a small thing but having it on made me feel like it was some kind of claim. I am his and he is mine.