I Miss You

*Trigger Warning! There will be scenes of Bullying in this chapter if you are uncomfortable with this please skip the middle of this chapter!*

8:35 am, Tom & Sabine's Bakery

Marinette's POV

I slowly woke up from the comfort of my bed. I remove the blankets from my bed and rub the sleep from my blue eyes.

I walk over to the restroom and start my morning routine. I wash my face, brush my teeth, brush my hair, etc. I didn't feel like having it down so messy bun it is.

I walk out and over to the closet. I put on my usual clothes. A plain white off-shoulder shirt with black ripped jeans and brown combat boots. I was actually in a good mood. That is until I looked at the date.

September 22. The day I lost my best friend. The day I lost my twin brother, Damian.

I grab his old bomber jacket. I wonder how it's still big on me. The last time he had it was when we were 12. Yet I'm barely able it barely fits me at 16. I smile softly at old memories of him and me as children. All the pranks we pulled. Such fond memories.

I put the jacket on and walk out of the house towards the school. As I'm nearing the school Nino looks up from his phone and walks over to me. once he sees the jacket his smile falters. He was like an older brother to me and Damian. One of the only people we could trust.

"Is it today?" I give a small nod. " Maybe a hug could me you feel better, He says and pulls me into a tight hug. "You can do this Mari. I'll see if I can get us out of school early." I gave him yet another nod as we walk inside the school building.

*Trigger Warning!*

Looks of disgust are thrown my way. Along with slurs and rude comments about 'what I did to Lila'.

Things like Slut, Whore, Bully, Asshole follow me everywhere. Like monsters that never leave. That never dies.

As we walk closer to the classroom the insults become more and more frequent. More and more hurtful as some of the closest people I knew start saying them as well. Thankfully we make it to our seat quickly. But someone had to say something.

"Why on earth would you that Marinette?! I can't believe you would do that to Lila!" Alya exclaimed. She was Nino's girlfriend until she joined Lila's side. Him, staying loyal to the oath, stayed with me. To think he was dating someone 2 years younger than him. That was so stupid.

"Do tell me, Alya, What did she do?" Nino says. You could see his anger starting to boil up.

"She pilled hot coffee on Lila!" She yelled with an accusing finger pointing at me. As if on cue Lila walks in. Everyone runs to comfort her. Except for Nino and Chloe. Chloe and I became close friends after Lila took Sabrina and Adrien away from her.

"Marinette! Where did you get my jacket?! I just can't believe you!" She says bursting into fake tears." I can't believe you would steal my jacket!"

"What do you mean Lila?" Kim asks looking like he's ready to kill me. His glare looks like an upset baby, I've seen worse glares in the League.

"I can't believe you would make a fake version of my jacket!" She says with more tears.

Kim comes stomping over with a look of pure anger. " I can't believe you Marinette! First, you bully Lila then you make a fake version of her designer jacket?" He says as he, literally, rips the jacket off of my body. I reach to try and grab it but I'm pulled back by Adrien and Ivan before I could reach it. I watch in horror as my brother's jacket gets destroyed.

He grabs the jacket by the sleeves and rips one-off. He then goes on to rip it down the middle before grabbing some of Nathaniel's paints and pouring it all over the jacket. I try to stop him before he could do any more damage, but my attempts were fruitless.

He walks over to the window, opens it, and throw the jacket into the street. They force me to watch as the jacket gets run over by the many passing cars.
*Warning Over!*
Finally, they let go of me by throwing me on the floor. I sit there with a shocked face as tears are streaming down my face. 'That was all I had left of him and now, it's gone. Just like him'

I get up and run out of the room as miss Bustier walks in. I can hear her yelling at me to turn around and sit down in my seat. But I just keep running. I run out the door and all the way home. There I cry myself to sleep.

12:31 pm, Tom & Sabine's Bakery

"I'm almost there, hold your position," I say as I crawl through the vents. I was wearing my old uniform. A skintight black outfit with a red vest, boots, and gloves. The mask was a simple one. It covered my face from the bridge of my nose down to my collar bone. It was a black mask with blood-red polka dots on it. That's where I got my codename/ nickname, Ladybug.

"Yeah yeah, I know bug," Someone says threw the earpiece. They sounded familiar. It almost sounded like- No, no it's not him.

I kick threw the ac door and drop down to see someone with the same uniform as to be but instead of blood-red it's dark forest green. I would have thought their outfit was all black if I hadn't looked 'It's Damian'

"Were you having fun without me, Dear Brother?" I ask as I kneed someone in the face knocking them out cold.

"Why of course not, My Sister." He says silting someone's throat. We both laugh at our friendly banter as we walk around the bodies and towards the big vault. This was our mission.

To retrieve the things inside. He went to unlock It while I stood guard. I heard the vault open and Damian curse under his breath.

"What's wrong, Dami-" As I turned to ask him I was thrown back as a huge explosion went off.

When I opened my eyes everything was on fire. I tried to get up with the gash on my side wouldn't let me get up. My eyes went wide as I saw Damian laying limp in the center of the fires.

Tears filled my eyes as I could barely see the rise and fall of my brother's chest. I screamed out at him but he didn't answer me.

"Damian!" I tried to crawl over to him despite the withered pain in the side.

I heard the doors open and the sounds of the league medics running over to where I was.

"Daman!" I reached out to him as the medic picked me up to treat my wounds.

I put my arm over his shoulder to reach out to my dying brother.

"DAMIAN!" I cried out as the image of my brother faded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Words: 1197

YAY! What a happy ending to this chapter am I right? The actual funny part I was listening to happy by Bruno mars when I was writing the flashback. Never fear for I have another chapter almost done! It should be done by like 8:30 9 central times. How are we liking the angst so far? There's not a lot but the next chapter will be brutal. I hope. It'll be half Mari's Half Dami's for what I have planned. :') Have a wonderful Day/Night!

Bye My Little Heros!~

-V