Chapter 12

Liam's POV

I managed to get away from the lifestyle that I always hated; maybe hate is a strong word to use but I never felt like I belong there, even though I happily killed people, tortured them and went to bed at night with no guilt, there was always a part of me that thought violence is not the answer. In these 23 years of my life I have seen the worst, a moment where I thought that could be my last breath, a time when I didn't knew who I should trust, a dad who wants you to be a mafia's puppet and a best friend who is a mafia leader. This was all I knew all my life and I wanted to get away, I wanted to live life like a normal person, with my own freedom, going places without a gun or a possible threat, waking up and just having a normal day without having to worry about anything, I want my only worry to be about bills, what to have for dinner or how to deal with an asshole co-worker. That's all I want.

After living this normal life for past few months, I realised how wrong I was. Nothing is normal about this normal life. I get a rude stare from people walking by, judging me based on my looks, they stare at my nose piercing and the tattoo so visible to fit in their normality. I step in my workplace and as a Lawyer you would think people will respect you, they will accept you but everything that I imagined this place to be turn out to be just opposite. They don't want to associate with me because me belonging to mafia in the past is something they couldn't digest. Some of them run away or hide as I walk towards my desk whilst some of them stand there staring at me. I thought this is where I belong, but I feel like an alien trying to fit in this society called normal. I am struggling, to breathe.......to be who I am........to fit in.

James POV

I wake up next to a girl with a brown hair, without realising I find myself caressing her hair. I. miss. her. "James" the girl mumbled and turned around which immediately made me jump out of my bed. I think I have gone insane. I was hoping it to be Rose but she turned out to be someone else. "get out" I ordered her and walked into my bathroom. What is she doing to me? I promised myself to find a girl better than Rose, I promised to love a girl more than I loved Rose. I want to prove her wrong. I want to show her I have moved on but everyday waking up next to a girl who looks like her proves me wrong. I don't think I will ever be able to love someone. Maybe she was right. I don't think I will be able to love anyone like I did to her. Because unknowingly I look part of Rose in every girl I have seen. It started as a pity, I saw my mum in her and even when I tried, I couldn't treat her like I did to other girls. I saw the same pain in her eyes that I have seen in my mum's. I noticed the way she flinched when a guy touches her, I saw the way she was struggling to keep herself together, I saw how lonely and alone she was just like my mum. Maybe because of that I began to sympathise her and those sympathise turned into love within a matter of time. She managed to capture my heart and make me dance in her fingertips. I was willing to....no...I am willing to do anything for her, anything.

I walked out of the bathroom to find a girl from before wearing one of Rose's clothes and it instantly made me angry; "take it off" I growled staring coldly into her eyes as she stood there confused; "I said take it off" I yelled and began to tear it off from her body. Poor girl she was scared, she was struggling......seeing her helpless made me stop...... "Mark" I yelled and headed for my door

Mark: yes boss

James: get her out of those clothes and out of this house now

I walked into the kitchen and see my dad wiping one of his wine bottles which reminded me of Rose more, I wonder if she still drinks. With a thought of Rose in my mind I poured myself some coffee and just when I took a sip, I find a familiar structure in front of me. Liam.

James: Hey

Liam: Hey

We stood there in silence as my dad pulled him into a hug; "we are glad to have you back son" he said patting his back as I stood there not knowing what's going on. "where's Rose?" he asked looking around and to me. "why don't you rest first, and we will talk later" my dad said keeping his hands-on Liam's back and guided him towards his old bedroom.