Chapter 27: When They Met

Chan put on his face mask, ordering a cab to go to the central park in the middle of the city – the place where they had decided to meet

Chan put on his face mask, ordering a cab to go to the central park in the middle of the city – the place where they had decided to meet. The black mask hid half his face, only displaying his big doe-eyes as he left the dorms – not before being bombarded by the other seven to wish him luck.

He needed those wishes, he thought, as he fiddled with his fingers in utmost anxiety. This meet was supposed to give him happiness, not nervousness, but that was the thrill of it.

As soon as the car came to a halt, his heart started beating ten times faster. He paid the driver the fare, and climbed out of the vehicle, and looked around, fixing his shirt and straightening up.

He walked towards the fountain – the spot they had agreed to meet on. And sitting down at its edge and waiting for about three minutes (yes, he counted), he rubbed his hands together, staring at the ground, imagining how things would go with them.

What if she didn't like him? What if she changed her mind about liking him after meeting in person? What if she-

"Chan?"

His head snapped up at the sweet, familiar voice he had heard a couple of time before on the phone.

And there she was – real, physically present with him. Also, a couple of inches taller than him.

"Aisha!" he removed his face mask behind one of his ears, and an adorable smile graced his lips, creasing beside his eyes.

"Oh, my god, you're real!" Aisha mused, her eyes running all over his form and then at his eyes.

"I could say the same, ahhh!" Chan shyly giggled, obviously being the shyer one between the two.

"Can I, like, hug you? For research purposes, I swear," she hesitated before speaking, and he laughingly wrapped his buff arms around her thin figure, and she snaked her arms around his form too.

They stayed like that for a moment, and Chan hummed against her, the vibrations transferring from his chest to her body. She could feel his heart beating, and so could he.

That's when Chan realized that his mask was off, so he hurriedly pulled away and wrapped the mask back around his face.

"I'm sorry, I just-"

"It's okay, I understand," she smiled, and after seeing the creases beside his eyes, signalling that he, too, was smiling, she stood quietly.

A moment passed before she chuckled and spoke, "I'm taller than you!"

"Yeah, yeah, but you're still my babygirl," Chan liked how her cheeks turned red, and how she averted her eyes to look anywhere but at him. He laughed at that.

"You're so cute," he grinned, and she laughed.

"So, any plans for today?" she asked, switching the topic to avoid emphasizing on her flustered state.

"Actually, yes, I have planned something for today," Chan spoke, and her eyes lit up.

"What is it?" she eagerly asked, and as much as he wanted to coo at her cuteness, he cleared his throat, and in an announcer's voice, he spoke, "Today, we're going to the karaoke!"

"Really?!" she exclaimed, "I love karaoke!"

"Let's go!" he initiated, thoughtlessly intertwining his fingers with hers.

Aisha's heart pounded against her chest when their hands touched, and as they walked forward with connected hands, she smiled to herself.

This was better than any dream she could have had about their first fairytale date.

Next chapter:

Once his eyes were attached to her features, he couldn't take them off her. A grin made its way up to his lips, and he didn't realize that he was smiling like a fool at her.

Only when the car came to a halt, and she tore her eyes away from the view outside and turned to him, he averted his eyes, embarrassed to having been caught staring at her.

(a/n: THEY MET SNAKAJSJAKSKJAJSJKSAA

Also, early update! I couldn't help myself lmao! Also, there's another chapter for the date coming up veryyyyy soon)