4 // sh

Sasuke, Naruto and Kiba went dutifully back to the garage. They headed straight back to the ramshackle office. Orochimaru was already sitting at his desk.

"Excellent work boys," he said, cigarette bit between his teeth. He flipped through some papers at his desk, not looking up. "Your payment will post as usual."

They all three nodded, and turned to leave. That was the beauty of their job; no questions asked, no questions needed.

"Ah, but one more thing. You two, wait a minute."

The duo stopped and turned back. Kiba continued walking, shutting the door behind him and leaving the two with their boss.

Naruto cracked his neck, and flopped into the dusty chair in front of the desk. "What's needed, Mr. Orochimaru?"

Sasuke folded his arms, standing and waiting for an answer.

Orochimaru smirked, pulling his cigarette from his lips to blow a swirl of white smoke above them. "I actually have something special for both of you. It needs a little bit of pre-planning, so I figured I'd better tell you now."

Naruto nodded, shrugging. "Sure thing."

"I am planning a gala, in three months' time," Orochimaru explained. "It is going to be an extravagant party, full of dancing, liqueur, and the usual diversions. All of my high profile clients will be there, and I'll be meeting with them under my usual guise."

Sasuke thougth back to what that meant. Orochimaru was using the garage as a front for his dirty work, but the real nasty shit went down in an upscale stockbroker's office on the other side of the city.

Orochimaru ran a pretty business in stocks, but it didn't even come close to how much coke he could push onto his rich employees- and rivals.

"And," Naruto finished, "you want us to take care of something else behind the scenes."

"I'm not quite sure yet," Orochimaru said, sitting back in his squeaking chair and rubbing his chin. "There's been some trouble with my clients. Apparently Hatake has been able to convince them to buy from him instead."

"What, better quality? Cheaper price?" Naruto asked.

"No," Orochimaru said, dragging from the cigarette again. "It's worse. Someone else is working for Kakashi, someone with high profile connections." He sat up, putting out his cigarette and staring at the duo.

"I need you both to be at the gala in case there's a clean up. But mostly, I'll be looking out for whoever Kakashi is working with. In the meantime, I need you to find this man."

Orochimaru pulled out a blurry photo, and Naruto snatched it up. Sasuke glanced at it over his shoulder. "Who's he?"

"One of my top clients," he said, begrudgingly, "or, he was. He's been seen lately in close proximity to Kakashi, they appear to have struck up a nice relationship." Orochimaru steepled his fingers and pressed them to his chin. "I need your skills to get what you can out of him. Find out who Kakashi's new partner is."

Naruto nodded, and stood. "No problem."

Sasuke tucked his chin. "Done."

Orochimaru seemed pleased, and leaned back in his chair once again. "My best boys," he said cheerfully. "Try to make it as quick as possible."

Sasuke paused as they walked out. "And as for the finale?"

Orochimaru smiled slowly, venomously. "Give me a nice magic trick, Sasuke. I want him to disappear into thin air."

Naruto sighed. "I'll find the acid."

The two men walked out of the garage into the early summer air. Sasuke breathed in the pollen and gasoline fumes, and sighed deeply. "I need to blow off some steam," he mumbled, turning away from the garage to his car.

"Ah, going to see Hinata, loverboy?" Naruto sang.

Sasuke froze, glaring over his shoulder. "I told you to cut it out."

Naruto laughed, clutching his gut and waving his best friend off. "Go, I don't care. Tell her I said hi."

Sasuke turned back to the car. "You need a ride?"

"Kiba's still here," Naruto shrugged. "He'll give me a lift."

Sasuke didn't answer his brother/bestfriend, and silently set off for his destination.