𝟕 - 𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙊𝙛 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙣

───────⭒ ⊹ ⭒───────

                                           ───────⭒ ⊹ ⭒───────

" Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked her beloved Draco.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I could've lost my arm. I can't possibly do anything for weeks." He lied whilst clutching his bandaged arm that was resting in a sling. 

"Listen to the attention-seeking-loving idiot. Moaning over the scratches that are entirely his fault." Carina huffed glaring over at her cousin with the rest of her friends. 

They could all hear him spewing out the lies.

"Yeah, he's really laying it thick." Ron added.

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry said in relief.

"I heard that Draco's father is furious. We haven't heard the end of this." Said Hermione.

"Of course, he ran to daddy dearest." Carina grumbled making Ron and Harry snicker.
Only a split second, and they heard loud footsteps running through the great hall.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus shouted running towards the Gryffindor table. "Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black! " Exclaimed the irish boy. Dropping a copy of the Daily Prophet on the Gryffindor table. 

The moment the name left his mouth, it grabbed everyone's attention as they all leaned closer to look at the article of the Daily Prophet. Harry leaned his head over Carina's shoulder, sensing her tensed body. "Dufftown?" Questioned Hermione. "That's not far from here." She stated. "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville stuttered out in fear. 

"With Dementors at every entrance?" Someone questioned.

"Dementors." Seamus scoffed. "He's already slipped past them once hasn't he? Who's to say he won't do it again?!"

"That's right." A dark ebony skinned boy, Bem, sitting next to Hermione began in a grim tone. Well, that's his usual tone, really. They could always rely on him with his immaculate intellect. "Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." He stated making them all shiver. What a way to put it. 

Carina looked up at Harry, whose face was so close to her. Only mere inches. They both looked at each other with concern swimming in their eyes. Slowly, he grabbed her hand in his grasping it tightly, comfortingly. 

She could never rest, can she? Just as she thought all her worries had disappeared they only just came back stronger this time.

Everyone at the table turned their heads once again to the Daily Prophet not being able to tear their gazes away from the moving picture of the madman— Sirius Black — Feeling eyes on her and probably Harry too, they both looked up at the same time. Their eyes meeting with Draco Malfoy's at the other side of the table. He smirked at them both, his eyes shone malevolently, and his pale blue eyes were fixated on both Carina and Harry intently.