CHAPTER ONE

"I will never tell you. I only speak with the Resistance." He shakes his head, eyeing you with disgust. You smile down at him, shaking your head as you gaze at his wrinkled features and the red lining his eyes. You decide now, at this moment, that you refuse to get old.

"You've become a fool, old man. You could have been great." Tilting your head at him, you raise your hand at his temple as your crew stand at attention in their black armour. When you do so, he furrowed his eyebrows and grunts in pain, "I gather you can feel me inside your head. You don't need to tell me anything... You don't have what I'm looking for. Not anymore." Something in your mind sounds as if it's screaming at you. Furrowing your eyebrows in pain, you turn to the side. You see a man in the front seat of an old ship. Him. We need him. "But someone else does."

Poe, cursing to himself, wonders how the hell the x-wings engine is failing him. With a wave of your hand, your guards pull him from the fighter jet, dragging him towards you. Yet another man kneels at your feet. You get a clear look at him as he's pushed to his knees and you know he has a connection to the map. Poe Dameron, Resistance Pilot.

"Wow, no ominous mask? I must be special to see your face." Poe states sarcastically, looking up at you through his dark lashes.

Glancing down at him, you return an unimpressed look, "I assure you that you are not." You reply, your tone is emotionless and cold. The power of having the map in your possession is so close that you can almost taste it on your lips. However, you're becoming impatient. You sense something else. It almost feels as though it is approaching you. You know who it is.

"Ren." You knew it was only a matter of time before he showed up. He has a great hatred for both Luke and the Jedi. Ren wishes to finish what his grandfather started; eliminate the corrupt religion of the Jedi. And that includes Luke Skywalker. And the only way Kylo can do this is to locate him. If you have the map, you have Luke. And if you have Luke, you finally render Kylo's entire existence meaningless. Once you have Luke, you have power over Ren.

It was evident to not only each other but to all, that you were both the most powerful entities in the galaxy. Kylo Ren and his First Order, tied to the Dark Side of the force, and you and your team of smugglers, tied to stopping Ren's antics. The Resistance, always trying to keep up, maintaining the belief that you belong with them. But it wasn't always like this. Sometime in the past, there was a chance to change everything that currently stands, to choose a different path and end up with a different fate - to change history. But you've convinced yourself that you like things just as they are. The dark side gives you strength and power, discipline but yet the freedom to control anything in your wake. And though you don't use it to instate a harsh rule, you use it to do whatever the hell you want. That is a power that you cannot afford to lose, not as long as Kylo Ren stands.

He can change his clothes, name, and he can even hold the rank of Commander of Starkiller Base, but you know you've always been more powerful than Ben Solo ever was. Or ever will be. That's why you're here first, on Jakku, with Lor San Tekka kneeling in front of your feet like the pathetic, helpless, old man he is. You eye him, his sad expression, and you're left wondering how bad it must feel to waste such potential on trying to be good. Since the fall of the Empire, Lor San Tekka has been a galactic traveller who eventually worked with the New Republic - and now the Resistance - mapping the remote fringe of the galaxy, before retiring to Jakku. Truly a waste.

As the large door screeches open, smoke shoots from the exhaust pipes and Kylo Ren steps out. "You will never win!" Lor exclaims as you watch Kylo marching to you with Phasma on his left, "The Dark Side will never-" Before he can finish his rant, you wave your hand and feel relief at the sound of his neck snapping easily and quickly. Poe kneels there in horror, his brown eyes wide as he watches the man he had a conversation with ten minutes ago fall to the ground.