All You Need Is Love

⚠️ TW ⚠️: panic attack 

Clays POV
I was curled up into the fetal position under my blanket, the sheets of my bed practically soaked with my tears, my loud broken sobs echoing throughout the room  every few seconds no matter how hard I was trying to muffle them, my breathing was irregular, my hands were violently shaking and I was stressed out of my damn mind.

I was having another panic attack, it was the third time it has happened this week, they were getting harder to hide. I didn't want George to see me like this, I had to be strong for him, not be a pathetic, over emotional, cry baby. I wanted him to think that I was independent, but mostly, I didn't want to be a burden.

At this point in the day, he's usually just on his way back from getting coffee or maybe even breakfast, and today he said he needed to get more groceries, that would give me some time to get myself together.

Well, that's what I thought, but when I heard the front door open, and the sound of what I assumed to be shopping bags being placed on the floor, I knew I only had about 2 minutes to do so.

I was still sobbing uncontrollably, my hands were still shaking, my breathing was still erratic, but now, I was scared. I was scared he would find out, I was scared he would laugh at me, I was scared he would leave me, all because I'm a pathetic, sad excuse of a man.

I tried to wipe my eyes with my trembling hands, I tried to take deep breaths, but nothing seemed to work. Usually when I had panic attacks, I would wait until I passed out from the amount of energy I was using to basically just cry, and when I woke up it would be better, sure I would be mentally and physically drained for the rest of the day, but it was better than bothering anyone with my problems.

As I laid there, a sobbing mess, and tried to think of a plan, I heard the door practically slam open.

"Clay? Clay!?!!? What's wrong bebs? Why are you crying?" he asked with a heavy concern lacing his voice, while he was speed walking over to the bed and sitting down next to me.

He swiftly took the blanket off of me, he looked at me with soft eyes, but there was something else there too, it looked like pain.

I just shook my head violently

"Y-you weren't- you weren't supposed to- to see me like this" I spoke in between sobs

He scooted over closer to me, and sat me up, looked into my eyes and softly took my shaking hands into his.

"Hey, you're gonna be ok, I promise, I might not have been here before, but I'm here now" he spoke with a soft and calming voice, interlocking one of our hands and reaching over to the side table to grab what I assumed was a box of tissues, I couldn't see well because of the constant tears in my eyes that were clouding my vision.

He grabbed one out of the box, holding it up to my nose, I blew into it and he put it aside.

He brought my lone hand up to his chest,

"Try to copy my breathing ok?"

I nod and try my hardest to mimmic the soft rising and falling of his chest.

He then used his hand to wipe away the tears thatwere streaming down my face, not making much of a difference because they just continued to fall.

"You probably think I'm pathetic" I say with a sniffle at the end

"No, I think you're human, humans have feelings and breaking points, it happens to the best of us, I would know because you are 'the best of us'" he said, adding a compassionate smile at the end

He pulled me into a hug and started carefully peppering kisses on my face, each one with so much love and care, my tears were coming to a stop, and and my hands had stopped shaking, my breathing was fixed and I felt so much better, I felt safe in his arms, who knew comfort could do so much to people.

He stopped kissing my face and gave me one last peck on the lips, proceeding to look me in the eyes and say

"You know I love you? That you could tell me anything and I wouldn't make fun of you, and you know that you're my number one priority, right?"

I just looked down and shrugged, he put his finger under my chin and tilted it up so we were face to face again

"Hey, everyone forgets sometimes, maybe I'll just have to remind you more often" a bright smile was spread across his face

"I'm sorry" I looked at him with sad eyes

"Hey hey hey, don't be sorry, it's fine, I promise"

I looked at him and sighed

"How did I get so lucky, I'm so glad I met you"

He blushed at my comment, but then shrugged

"I guess it was fate" he said with a giggle

"I guess"

"Why were you upset? don't answer if you aren't ok with talking about it, I don't wanna make you uncomfortable"

"No no, it's fine, i-it's just because I'm really stressed out, there are people try to dox me, death threats, and people just bashing me for no reason whatsoever, it's just really getting to my head, this is not the first time I've broke down like this"

"I'm so sorry to hear that, if this ever happens again, give me a call or just come get me, and I'll do whatever I can to make you feel better"

"Thank you" I say in a small voice happy tears lining my eyes

"No ones ever done this for me before, m-my ex, my parents and my old friends would tell me to deal with it, t-to man up and that I was being childish, that's why I was scared to tell you.." I said, looking at him like a lost puppy

"I understand, I would be scared too. Just know that I would never do that ok, I hate seeing you upset and I will always do everything I can to cheer you up" he spoke pulling me into another hug and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

We stayed like that for a while, appreciating each other's company and holding each other, he made me feel safe, happy, content, loved, but most of all, he made me feel like I could be me.

A/N
Words: 1,120
Time: 1 hr and 15 minutes
Dedicated to: Haevyn_ Thank you so so much for all of the sweet comments 🥺❤️, I hope you like this <3