Chapter 3: The Mighty Fall

"They say I got screws missing, well, hell, only when I'm missing youAnd, hell, yeah, I'm a dick, girl, addicted to you,"

And, hell, yeah, I'm a dick, girl, addicted to you,"

CARMEN startled awake, realising she was led on a double bed. Her eyes darted around the room, trying to get a sense of where she was trapped. In fear, she shot up quickly, clutching her head and finding that a bandage had been placed around it. The door to the room was slightly ajar, and she stayed silent, trying to listen to any noise in the rest of the place. It was silent except quiet snoring, this was her chance, to get away as quickly as she could from these men. She couldn't remember anything and noticed she was still wearing her clothes, her mint jumper even lay folded up beside her. Everything seemed suspicious, she quickly threw it back on, and opened the door slowly and stepped out, walking as quietly as she could to the front door. A louder snore made her freeze and she turned to face her capturer on the sofa, but it wasn't any of the men who had attacked her.

It was Pete.

He was stretched out on the sofa, and his top had risen slightly, revealing a tattoo that peeked out of his jeans. Carmen blushed slightly, and without thinking touched his arm lightly and spoke, "Pete?"

Carmen jumped back in fright, landing on the floor, as Pete jumped from the sofa in a panic, "Patrick?"

Carmen remained seated on the floor, as Pete's face changed very quickly. "Carmen," he spoke, sitting back down and watching her.

She couldn't find the words as she watched him back, looking at every feature of his face. "You're welcome to shower," he finally spoke and pointed to a pile of folded clothes on the sofa opposite him.

Carmen nodded and rose slowly, picking up the clothes and heading into the bathroom and locking the door. She sat down slowly on the edge of the bathtub and started to shake in fear, was she safe? When Carmen had emerged out of the shower in a fresh pair of clothes she felt better, but the thought of what had happened to her came flooding back.

"What happened? How did you manage to get away from those men?" she spoke quickly as she entered the room.

Pete had changed out of what he was wearing and had put a fresh pair of shorts on. "It was nothing," he replied swiftly but upon noticing Carmen's lack of reply, he continued. "Look, it doesn't matter. There's just some rough guys around this area, stuff that has happened in the past means they know of me."

Carmen nodded, she did not want to talk about it any more than it needed to be, she was just thankful she was alive and untouched. As Pete sat down beside her on the sofa, she glanced at the shorts that hung low on his hips. He was incredibly good looking, and her eyes continued to dart around his tattoos, she nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. Pete was watching her every move, he loved the hunger that flickered over her eyes.

"I'm going to try something," he said to her, meeting her eyes. It wasn't a request.

Carmen's head tilted slightly to the side in confusion and then she gasped, her eyes fluttering shut when he began to lean in. She could feel his lips brush her ear and move down to trace the length of her neck; Carmen's breath hitched as the lips on her neck pressed a smile against her skin. Pete couldn't help himself, he pulled away slightly before placing a hand to the back of her head and pulling her in to kiss her. Carmen didn't fight back, she didn't pull away, instead, she kissed back softly before it became hungrier and more desperate. It all stopped as quickly as it had started when they both had heard the front door creak open. Pete, however, kept his hand on the back of her neck as the man walked through the door.

"Patrick," he acknowledged and smiled slightly.

Patrick met Pete's eyes and then glanced over to Carmen. He smiled softly, recognising her from the night before.

"Hey," he replied and walked over to the kitchen and grabbed what he needed from the side.

"Meet you outside?" Patrick asked Pete and turned and left without saying another word.

Pete breathed in deeply, "I've got to go out for an hour with Pat, you are welcome to stay here for the time being if you feel safe."

Carmen nodded, "That's kind of you," and Pete leant in once more to give her a soft kiss below her ear, he pulled back and smirked.

Carmen's fingers involuntary rose to softly touch the spot where he kissed, she watched as he stood up and disappeared before returning with a clean top and jumper on.

"I'd like to see you back here," he expressed and left through the front door.

Carmen finally breathed out, she had known this stranger for less than 24 hours in total, but she couldn't bring herself to leave his apartment. She decided to explore the small apartment, noticing it was full of band-related objects and nothing of much significance; it was like he hadn't lived here long. Her fingers traced along the material of the jumper he had given her, it smelt like him. An hour was going to feel like a long time, and so she found the tea and boiled herself a cup. Sitting back down in the sofa, she switched on her phone and scrolled through twitter aimlessly. Her breath hitched whilst taking a sip and she choked slightly.

"Fuck."

'Pete Wentz spotted walking a mysterious girl home. Has he finally replaced his ex?'

The picture below the caption was dark, it was near impossible to make out Carmen's face and her name wasn't mentioned, however, the phrasing of the report made her feel sick. They would be following Pete everywhere to get a snap of her. She didn't want to be some silly replacement for his ex-wife. Carmen's head felt funny, Pete seemed like he had some secrets. She wanted to delve further into a relationship with him, she wanted to get to know him better, to understand him.