Wolf King 2

Wolf King

Chapter 2

Jinyoung entered the tent of his cousins. It was a relief to see them after all these years. They seemed to be doing well. Breakfast was served and Jinyoung got on the discussion he wanted to know.

"I hope you still remember to keep it from the others where I send you to." Said Jinyoung.

"Yes cousin. We have not told anyone else. We will not put the lives of King V's entire clan in danger." Said Irene.

"Good. No one, and I mean absolutely no one can know they still exist. People of Vishox thought their kind has long ceased to exist." Said Jinyoung. "Their City is hidden from everyone and it is better that way. It's safer for all V's people that way. "

Irene nodded.

"But then... if people does not know they still exist... then people would think the Demanix prophesy is now just a folklore isn't it?" said Jisoo, she said nonchalantly while slicing a piece of meat.

Jinyoung's eyes sharpened. Although many people knows the Demanix Prophesy... it is not a usual subject of conversation anymore. The Order of Demanix made sure people will forget about it. So that once it gets fulfilled, the enemies will not be ready.

"How did you hear of it? What do you know about the Demanix Prophesy?" asked Jinyoung

Jisoo smiled.

"I've read it in a book in King V's library. It was interesting." Said Jisoo.

"What does it say?" asked Irene

It is obvious that Irene is not much of a reader.

"It says long ago, the heaven ordained four clans to lead the four kingdoms of Vishox. Back then, there was peace and order. The four clans were united. However, even with the peace, there was greed. So many other clans wanted to have power. And so they summoned a dark power and made a curse throughout the land." Said Jisoo.

"What curse?" asked Irene, looking shocked.

"The Fertility curse. The mating curse, that creatures will not bear offspring unless with their mate." Said Jisoo. "It slowly became the reason for the downfall of the four kingdoms of Vishox."

"How come?" asked Irene.

"Because the enemies made sure to eliminate the mated members of the four clans. Until the four clans could no longer reproduce. The wolves decreased in number substantially. The Lions were attacked from all over Vishox and could not fight on their own without the help of the other three. The Dragon clan vanished. And the southern Kingdom of the ancient creatures was suddenly enveloped by a dark force. It was shut down from the world. Thick veins surround the Southern Kingdom and whenever someone tries to enter it, no matter how much vein they break, they could not penetrate the vein walls. It is believed that the Ancient creatures were so few left that they chose to die by themselves inside the vein fortress instead of being defeated by the clans of Vishox." Said Jisoo

"That's so terrible." Said Irene

"But one day... the four clans will rise again." Said Jisoo. "And when that happens, they will regain the power to conquer the four thrones. And after that, the four kings will reign in Vishox and there will be peace again throughout the land."

Irene took a deep breath. Jinyoung leaned back on his seat. Jisoo knows so much about the Demanix Prophesy.

"With everyone thinking the dragons are gone, they think the Demanix Prophesy is now just a folklore. It's been centuries since the last time a dragon was seen flying in the sky." Said Jisoo.