Dragon King 9

Dragon King Chapter 9

Jisoo was again called by V when she did not sit on the King's chair during a meal. V still has not made an announcement but even without one, everyone already assumed what is going on between V and Jisoo.
Jisoo was eating her meal when she realized her hand was on top of V's. She was touching him! V pulled his hand away. Jisoo tried not to feel hurt over it, but her chest gripped painfully. Jisoo looked away.
How many times does she have to remind herself that V is not a wolf! She can not do her wolf desires here... Did anyone see when she held his hand? Did she embarrass the king in front of his people? Oh no...
Jisoo sighed. She must learn to control herself.

V's jaw clenched. He did not mean to withdraw his hand from Jisoo's touch. It was an automatic response. He is not used to being touchy in public. But he regret it the moment he took his hand away. He saw the pain in Jisoo's eyes as she turned away, her hand closed to a fist as she hid it under the table. V's own heart squeezed.
He said he will make her feel his love but he's failing.
---------
After the meal, people would usually go back to their tasks. V is usually one of the first ones to leave. But this time, he decided to wait for everyone else to leave. Jisoo, who was sitting beside him also stayed. She could be waiting for him to rise.
When they were the only ones left in the hall, V took a deep breath and then he faced Jisoo.
He saw that she was indeed waiting for him.
"I... am sorry if I..." V could not continue. This is hard for him. "I am not used to... touching in public so I..."
Jisoo's eyes widened.
"I know wolves are very intimate creatures so..." said V
Jisoo shook her head.
"It's all right, My Lord." Said Jisoo. "I understand. Besides... I don't want to embarrass you in front of your people."
V saw that Jisoo's lips are smiling. But her eyes... they were saying that this is hurting her... Jisoo... is saying it's all right... she's sacrificing for him... again.
No. He must stop this. He must stop hurting her. He promised he will cherish her. And he will.
V rose from his seat and offered his hand to Jisoo. Jisoo seemed confused.
V leaned down and reached for Jisoo's hand. And then he pulled Jisoo up gently.
"I'm taking you back to the healer ward." Said V
"Huh? Oh you don't have to-"
"I want to take you there... I want to walk you there..." said V.
Their time alone together at night is not enough... Whenever he could squeeze in a time to be with Jisoo, he will.
"But..."
"You... do not think of me when we are apart?" asked V
Jisoo's throat moved.
"Because I do..." said V. "I think of you a lot."
Jisoo's heart made a summersault!
V tightened his hold on Jisoo's hand.
"I... couldn't wait to see you and be with you again," said V. "So this... letting me walk you back to the healer's ward... no matter how short of a walk it is... it will help me lessen my longing for you."
Wow... Jisoo's chest felt full... she's close to tears...
Jisoo closed her hand on V's as she smiled at him shyly. Her smile now reaches her eyes. It made V feel joy.
V smiled. And then he led Jisoo out of the hall into the corridor. But as they were walking, some dragon women were walking towards them. Jisoo's eyes widened. She immediately pulled her hand away from V's grasp. But V did not let her hand go. Instead, he pulled her even closer to him, tightening his hold.
The dragon women's eyes looked stunned when they saw King V and Jisoo's hands linked together.
When V and Jisoo walked passed the women, Jisoo bit her lip hard.
"My Lord... they saw..." whispered Jisoo
V's lip arc into a one sided smile;
"They will get used to it eventually." Said V
Jisoo felt giddy all over.
-------------
V and Taeyong watched the dragon warriors and saw the improvement on their fighting skills.
"The wolves and lions are used to the wild. While dragons were secured inside this hidden part of the north. We had become weak because of that. It is good that the old dragon strength is reviving." Said V
Taeyong nodded.
"We will be ready for battle soon, my Lord." Said Taeyong.
"The next days will be crucial. We must focus on all the preparations." Said V