King of the South 4

King of the South

Chapter 4

From afar, Seulgi could see torches getting closer to the palace. From the sky, dragons are flying in the air.

With heart racing, Seulgi ran towards the gate hoping that everybody is all right.

"Open the gates! They're back!"

Victory! The Dragons dancing in the air signifies victory! Finally, her brother is now the King of the North!

Jisoo made it. She was able to warn her brother. Her brother kept the dragons safe. They overcame the enemy. Finally, they won the war!

Seulgi rushed to the gate as the dragons entered. There were many wounded warriors but the dragon healers were ready for them.

Why is her brother taking such a long time?

And then Seulgi saw familiar faces. Is that the Lion King carrying... is that the Wolf King on his back? And then she saw her brother. He was walking last, he was also carrying someone behind him. It was someone who was not familiar. Seulgi rushed to her brother. She hugged him tight.

"I am so glad you are alive, Brother!" said Seulgi

V patted Seulgi's back.

"Is everything all right here?" asked V

Seulgi nodded.

Everything is all right." said Seulgi.

"Call a healer quickly. Taeyong has to be treated." said V

Seulgi pulled back.

"Taeyong?"

And then Seulgi looked at the face of the man on V's back. The man with dark hair... is Taeyong?

Seulgi felt dread.

"What... what happened to him?" asked Seulgi

"He... used his life force to bring Jisoo back." said V.

Seulgi turned and saw the pain and agony on V's face.

"Jisoo... where is Jisoo... You said... bring Jisoo back... Taeyong used his life force..." Seulgi's voice started breaking. "Did... Jisoo die?"

V took a deep breath as Dragon healers approached them. They took Taeyong from behind V.

When they were left alone, Seulgi's tears burst out.

No this can't be happening... Jisoo died? She died bringing the warning to her brother. Jisoo died because Seulgi could not protect her. Oh no... Jisoo... her dear friend Jisoo...

"Did she... die?" she whispered.

V nodded, Seulgi could see tears on her brother's own eyes. Her brother who is the strongest man she knows... is crying...

"No... No..." Seulgi sank on the ground. "It's my fault... it's all my fault... No..."

Jisoo... her only friend...

"You said Taeyong gave her his life force... did it work? Is she alive? Where is she?" asked Seulgi

V's voice was breaking as he spoke.

"When I went back for Jisoo and Taeyong... I only saw Taeyong's unconscious body. I tried to look for Jisoo everywhere. There could still be enemies who are escaping and they may stumble upon her. I need to find her and bring her back. I searched and searched... But I could not find her. I tried everywhere I know..."