King of the South 6

King of the South

Chapter 6

Seulgi sighed as she knocked on the door. Whatever Taeyong's plan is, it's making Seulgi confused. If he does not care about her at all, why did he assign her to serve him?

"Enter"

Seulgi heard from inside

Seulgi opened the door bringing a tray of food with her. When she entered, she saw Taeyong seated across Kwangsoo. He was wearing dark blue that makes his fair skin glow. His face had always been beautiful but now... Why is Seulgi having a hard time looking away?

He had hurt you...

That's right...Seulgi had to remind herself that this Taeyong, no matter how handsome he may look, is no longer a man she should admire. He had hurt her...

Seulgi dragged her eyes away from Taeyong.

Seulgi noticed there were papers on the table and it seems like Taeyong and Kwangsoo were in the middle of a discussion.

"Then that means we have enough warriors to defeat the entire Vishox." Said Taeyong.

Seulgi caught her breath. That should be the best reminder to forget any admiration for Taeyong.

Kwangsoo turned to Seulgi.

"Oh we meet again, Miss Prisoner." Said Kwangsoo, staring at her. "What happened to your beautiful face?"

Seulgi looked away. She has not looked in the mirror since she was punished. But she could feel pain whenever she tries to smile or even open her mouth to eat. Does she look terrible... that means Taeyong is seeing her ugly face... Seulgi felt shame.

She placed the tray of food on the side table.

"I got injured." Said Seulgi

Kwangsoo sighed as he stood up.

"I shall leave you for your meal, Your Highness." Said Kwangsoo

Taeyong nodded.

Kwangsoo smiled at Seulgi and then he left the room.

Then there was only Taeyong and Seulgi now.

"Where will you take your meal, Your Highness?" Asked Seulgi, turning to face Taeyong. Seulgi almost gasped to see Taeyong staring at her. And it does not look good. He looked angry.

Taeyong stood up from his seat and opened a door on the other side.

"Follow me." He said.

Seulgi brought the tray and followed Taeyong. Inside the door was a small living room with a dinning table. It looked so elegant. There were two other doors which made Seulgi curious. One is probably Taeyong's bedroom. So what was the other for?

Taeyong sat down. Seulgi followed him and placed the tray on the dinning table. She served the food in front of Taeyong. It was a meal of sumptuous seafood. But before Seulgi could withdraw her hands from the plates, Taeyong caught them. And then he was staring at her hands.

Seulgi felt warm with the contact of their fingers. Their skin are touching... Seulgi's throat moved as she tried to pull her fingers away. What is he staring at? And why is he touching her? And then she winced. Her wounds still felt raw.

"Where did you get these wounds?" Asked Taeyong.

He meant the wounds on her hands.

"From... It does not matter...Your Highness." Said Seulgi.