Truce

He didn't really want to, and he wasn't trying, but he thought of her anyway. She was stuck in his mind, ever since she had ran away from him in Brooklyn. Now, he couldn't ignore her, even though he wanted to.

They had formed an unspoken truce, and she went pretty much anywhere she wanted, without trouble. No one would touch her, and if they did, they didn't go it again. She made sure of that.

Others had heard of her reputation, and didn't want to cross her. She had plenty of boys scoff at her and challenge her, but none of them ever did it again. She gave them exactly what they asked for. A swift kick in the butt.

One night, he saw her in an alley, talking to Mush. He heard an  angry whisper and she shot a glare at him. They got louder and louder until she shoved him and backed up.

She lifted up her shirt to show him the "S" and he heard a shout of anger. He got close enough to hear, "Chill Mush, he's gotta big "F" on his chest dat won't be fadin anytime soon. I dealt with him, and he is no longer a threat to me. so, thanks for your concern, but its not necessary."

Mush left after hugging her and kissing her on the cheek and then she climbed right up to where Spot was hiding, as if she had known all along. He looked at her "You knew. Where I was." It wasn't a question, but a statement.

  She smiled softly and said "Listen, I know ya don't like me, and I sure as heck don't like ya. I mean, we soaked each uddah, but let's just be friens."

He nodded slowly "Yeah I guess dat'll work. I don't wanna fight you no more, and truth be told, you'd make a great ally."

 He had absolutely no idea, but it almost hurt her to hear that. She didn't know why and didn't care to. He hurt her, and she did hate him, didn't she?  

He got up and walked away with a strange pang in his chest. He didn't like it. He didn't like her, right?

That night, Fin spent it on the roof of the warehouse she had punched the walls of. When she fell asleep, for the first time in four years, she dreamed.

She dreamed of a happy Spot, a kind Spot, one she was in love with and had a big enough heart to love her back. It was strange, and when she woke up the next morning, she almost wished it was true, until reality surged in like the tide.